cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim

SenzuelD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Lost my phone. I purchased a new one and a new sim but can't seem to activate the new sim on my account

13 REPLIES 13

Not too sure about that, @softech 

In the case of SIM swaps (fraud) of years past, they were able to do some pretty surprising things on the back-end.

I'm guessing there might be some capabilities - just don't know to what extent.  You may be correct, though... still, best for all to avoid in any case.

@softech @Sure hope so or I feel like I owe @SenzuelD 

haha @Handy1   , no worry .. we all have our moment, I don't think OP will go through the whole process... when it comes to credit card screen, OP will say nono.. i am not paying more   🙂

@HALIMACS wrote:

I'm sure the Customer Support Agents might be able to swap the associated number over in back-end processes after the fact - but it is a process folks definitely want to avoid. 

@HALIMACS sim card cannot swap on the back end.  Once it is activated.. it's done.. There is some account association limitation there

@softech @I sure I’m embarrassed right now , and can’t undo 

haha. @Handy1 , no worry, worst case just a new account with a new number  🙂

and of course, another new sim card for the old account  🙂

@HALIMACS @YIKES I sure hope @SenzuelD @doesn’t take my advice and run with that 😞

Honest oversight, @Handy1 

You wouldn't believe how many other users go through with a WHOLE NEW activation when they only needed to change the associated SIM card through self-serve.

I'm sure the Customer Support Agents might be able to swap the associated number over in back-end processes after the fact - but it is a process folks definitely want to avoid. 

@SenzuelD , I’m so sorry @SenzuelD,.for bad info , I was under the impression you were trying to set up a new SIM card 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SenzuelD   you do not activate you sim from the activation portal!!

instead, you login My Account (using desktop or laptop only as the mobile site for that has problem) and request Change Sim card.  

Go to My Account , click Quick Link on the top right, then select Change SIM card and follow the steps

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

@Handy1 wrote:

@SenzuelD  go to public mobile main page and find the tab to activate, follow the prompts from there it’s easy 

@SenzuelD 

To clarify, you won't want to click on anything that says "activate" on the Public Mobile website as that will open a brand new Public Mobile account.  The opton to switch to a new SIM card is in the profile section of your Self Serve account.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

DO NOT activate the SIM card @SenzuelD 

All you need to do is log into self-serve, then go to the Change SIM section and update/associate the new SIM card to the existing account.

If you "activate" the card by using the activation process, you'll create a whole new account and be unable to associate your existing number with it, which is unlikely what you want to do...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@SenzuelD  go to public mobile main page and find the tab to activate, follow the prompts from there it’s easy 

Need Help? Let's chat.