cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim card

Siddhantjaggi20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I bought a new sim card and got it activated from the store where I got the sim from.

But it is not working it just shows no sim inserted, my phone is unlocked and the person who sold me the sim card tried putting the sim in other device also but it said the same thing. I want to get it working asap. Please help

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

@Triguy wrote:

Did you setup your self serve account at

http://publicmobile.ca/selfserve ?

As stated previously, the customer could not have created a self serve account. Working service is first required to receive the code by text message that is required to create the self serve account.

@Siddhantjaggi20 So have you been in contact with a moderator here? Have you opened a ticket? If you haven't contacted them yet, try doing it through the link below;

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Did you setup your self serve account at

http://publicmobile.ca/selfserve ?

Siddhantjaggi20

They asked me to just wait till someone from public mobile contacts me, and just helped me creating a ticket, I mean like wait and just to get it done by itself? it doesn't make any sense

Siddhantjaggi20

It won't let me login to my account and I cannot make a new one.

If going that way try rubbing alcohol on sim reader contacts too.  But dry off when done. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Siddhantjaggi20  Try using a pencil eraser on the SIM's contacts to see if it resolves the issue.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Siddhantjaggi20 wrote:

Hi, I bought a new sim card and got it activated from the store where I got the sim from.

But it is not working it just shows no sim inserted, my phone is unlocked and the person who sold me the sim card tried putting the sim in other device also but it said the same thing. I want to get it working asap. Please help

Thank you

I would ask the store to replace it with a working one. And test before you leave. Nice they verified it did not work and didn’t assist you. What store sold it to you?

I agree that the store should have provided another sim card, but they wouldn't be able to test it before the customer left. Retail store sales staff cannot access the customer's account, and therefore, would not be able to attach it to you the account. The customer would also not be able to do this because there is no self serve account to into yet.

@Siddhantjaggi20 You're gonig to have to contact the moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

This all of course is assuming that there is no fault in the phone itself, but from the first post, it sales that the salesperson tried the sim card in a different phone too.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Siddhantjaggi20 wrote:

Thank you

I would ask the store to replace it with a working one. And test before you leave. Nice they verified it did not work and didn’t assist you. What store sold it to you?

@Triguy wrote:

Log into your self serve account to check your status.  Try removing and reinstalling the sim.  Also try turning your phone off and turn it back on.

When a retail store activation is done, there is no self serve account to log into. Also, the self serve account can't be created without a working service as a code is sent by text messaging to the new customer.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Siddhantjaggi20 wrote:

Thank you

Where did you buy the sim card ? What make / model phone ?

Put a working sim in your phone to see if it works.

@hairbag1 It sounds as of the retail employee tried the sim card in a different phone too. It didn't work.

@Siddhantjaggi20 I'm surprised that the retail employee didn't call their internal support line. They should really have you up and running when you leave the store, or at least gave you another sim card for free so that you can try and swapping it to your account when you got home.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account to check your status.  Try removing and reinstalling the sim.  Also try turning your phone off and turn it back on.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Siddhantjaggi20 wrote:

Thank you

Where did you buy the sim card ? What make / model phone ?

Put a working sim in your phone to see if it works.

Need Help? Let's chat.