cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim activation failed. Error message "Invalid sim"

jayantxiii
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordred a new sim and tried to activate it. The first time it failed at the final step when i put my card details. I tried again and it failed too. So i gave up but today i tried to reactivate it and put the 19 digit sim number, it says "Invalid SIM".

What are my options? Any help is appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

jayantxiii

i cant call or send text as it says i have insufficient balance. I will try going in to my settings for phone number.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jayantxiii wrote:

I did receive the 4 digit PIN but i can't login to self-serve. I tried resetting my password but they cannot verify my email address.

You SIM is activated. You may have have spelling mistake when you entered you email address.  Can you call or send text message?

If you do not remember the PM phone, check on your phone settings to get your PM phone number.  You can also call your home phone or your friend and get your phone number from the call display.

When all failed, send a private message to moderator for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jayantxiii

I cant remember my PM phone number nor can i make calls with it, so i cant create the self serve account.

jayantxiii

I did receive the 4 digit PIN but i can't login to self-serve. I tried resetting my password but they cannot verify my email address.

popping

@jayantxiii wrote:

There is a pending transaction on CC and i see Public mobile when i put the sim in phone. But i cant make calls or texts. I tried calling *611 and they say there are not enough funds.

How much time would i take for PM get their money so i that i could use the sim?

Have your received a text message from 611 about your PIN number?

The first one is random 4 digit number and the second text with the PIN you entered during activation.

Login to your self-serve account using the email address and password supplied during activation.

Is you account status is active?

If yes, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@jayantxiii wrote:

There is a pending transaction on CC and i see Public mobile when i put the sim in phone. But i cant make calls or texts. I tried calling *611 and they say there are not enough funds.

How much time would i take for PM get their money so i that i could use the sim?

I don't think it should matter if it's pending because CC charges can take hours or days.  Maybe the porting isn't complete, have you messaged the mods?  If the porting is stuck they may be the only ones to help you.  Or others often suggest to try lost/stolen trick..go into your account and report your phone lost/stolen, log out for a few minutes, log back in and report found...see if it resolves the problem and obviously rebooting phone also might help.  Good luck!

jayantxiii

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jayantxiii wrote:

I ordred a new sim and tried to activate it. The first time it failed at the final step when i put my card details. I tried again and it failed too. So i gave up but today i tried to reactivate it and put the 19 digit sim number, it says "Invalid SIM".

Just to add to what @popping said, if you haven't already done so, clear your cache and try incognito mode before retrying.  If you're still stuck send a private message to moderators, using the mail icon in your community box and addressing to the @CS_Agent explaining your situation.

popping

@jayantxiii wrote:

Check your CC online to determine whether there is any pending entry from PM.

If yes, put your SIM card in your phone.

If you see Public Mobile on your phone, your SIM card is activated.

If all failed, restart your browser and activate your SIM card again because PM website does not handle session state very well.  By restarting your browser, you will get a new session to activate you SIM card again.

Need Help? Let's chat.