cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New service not working

SGould
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I subscribed to Public and purchased an eSim card from the website. I have been billed since Jan 10th but can’t make/receive calls/texts or use my data at all. I am also transferring my previous phone number. Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

1awesome

Glad to hear it works now! My apologies for the delay in responding.

SGould

Hi,

adding the esim on the app did the trick and now I cal use my phone again! Thank you to all who helped.

Ok if your previous SIM is not working,  then the porting was successful. If you followed the steps to create an account and purchased an ESIM through the Public Mobile app not the website. All activations nust be done  by first downloading the public mobile app.  

Screenshot_20240114_204338_Samsung Internet.jpg

Are you able to see the SIM in your SIM manger settings on your phone? Is it enabled and set to primary? Need to turn on this line. And reboot phone. If you have done that and it still doesn't work, click on the link below to send a message to customer service to inquire. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

SGould

How do I restart the port process? By port I assume you mean transferring my old number?

SGould

the SIM card doesn’t work or have service.

SGould

I don’t think my previous cell service is active anymore. 

1awesome

This is correct, check to see if the previous sim card is wroking.  You may need to start the port process over again and on your previous sim card, you should be sent a confirmation text message to port out to PM.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hi, you transfer from another carrier.  Did you check to see if your previous SIM card still work? Have service? 

It's possible the port failed. I will send you another message to call to re do port if needed. You will need to make sure that the previous carrier service is still active and you still have their SIM card in your phone to reply to the port message with your yes reply. 

Need Help? Let's chat.