cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New rewards program

Al1231
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently paying $13/month plus tax.  My plan actually costs $20/month plus tax but I'm getting discounts for loyalty and for auto pay.  When I'm forced to switch to the new rewards program, will my bill jump up to $20/month?

15 REPLIES 15

@Al1231 

yes, it is unfortunate, but you mentioned the key here: there is no contract here (good for subscribers in most cases but not in this situation) , PM never promise the reward programs will never change.

Al1231

As much as I feel that the new rewards program results in an unreasonable price increase, I don't think there's anything we can do about it.  There is no contract; it's a month to month arrangement.  I don't think any business has ever promised that their rewards program would never change.  Credit card companies and retailers change their rewards programs all the time.  Is wish you luck with your complaint and hope you prove me wrong.

Promisebroken

Great news...the CCTS is accepting my complaint...see below.  Please go to the CCTS website and register your complaint.

The CCTS is accepting your complaint about Public Mobile. 

Next steps in our process:   

1. We have notified your service provider and asked them to contact you directly. They should work with you to resolve your complaint.  We expect you to also work with your provider. If you don’t work with your provider, we may close your complaint.
  2. Your provider will let us know if your complaint isn’t resolved after 20 days. We will then work with both you and your provider to try help you resolve your complaint.   
  3. If you and your service provider cannot agree on how the complaint should be resolved, we find out if they acted appropriately and reasonably in your case.  

For more information on our process, please see our website. 

Other important information:  

• If you selected any issues that are outside our mandate, a list of those issues are listed below. We will not be able to work on those issues.
    • Wireless - Other
      • False/misleading advertising
        • When customers joined public mobile we were given loyalty points, we were guaranteed that would never change. Now public is moving everyone to a new system, with no options to stay were we are. We will lose/they will make considerable money on this change. We don't want it.
  • While your complaint is open, your provider is not allowed to take steps to collect on any money you are disputing you owe your provider (e.g. ask you to pay the amount or report the charge to a credit agency).  If this happens, let us know.  

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your complaint or our process, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

CCTS Assessment Team

Climatecrisis

They are not switching the rewards to benefit the customer

Promisebroken

Yes it will.  You will be paying more..but don't worry, Public says they are doing it for your own good.  File a complaint with CCTS.  Don't let Public charge you more without a fight.

Promisebroken

Yes.  You should file a complaint at CCTS and let them know about the false advertising (Public is switching you from what you signed up for and you will lose money..service will cost more)

@Al1231 

You might want to consider switching to the $15 plan with unlimited incoming callings, unlimited texting, 100 minutes of outgoing calls and 250mb of data (to use on apps like McD).

For outgoing calls, the minute are rounded up but to get around the 100 minutes. Just text your friend to call you so you won't be dinged for outgoing calls.

HI @Al1231 

unfortunately, it pretty much affect the same to everyone.  It will be more the effect to lower priced plan percentage wise, and less percentage increase  (also better points from 5%) for high priced plan  😞

Al1231

So I'll be getting a 54% increase in my bill.  I'm not impressed.  Maybe with the new rewards it will be a bit less than that.  Current bill per year is 13 X 12 = 156.  New bill per year will be 20 X 12 - 10 - 240 X 0.05 = 218.  After the new rewards are factored in, my bill will be increasing by 40%.  That's still quite a nasty jump.

@Al1231 wrote:

I have a grandfathered plan from 2018.  Unlimited calling in Ontario with no texting.

Hi @Al1231 

then yes, you will be paying $20 for that plan after the rewards plan change, ie, you will loss your $2 autopay credit and $5 loyalty reward

on the other hand, you will earn 1 point every cycle and then 10 point on anniversary.  So, you will still have 22 points ($22) every year, not as good as $84 you have now

but what plan is it?  any chance the current $15 or $25 would be better?

Al1231

I have a grandfathered plan from 2018.  Unlimited calling in Ontario with no texting.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Al1231 - Yes it will

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Al1231 

you'll pay full price for your plan going forward. Once you've amassed 15 or more points, you can then apply them to your account renewal, purchasing add-ons or future "contests".

added from Help Files...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/redeeming-public-points

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Al1231 

PM currently doesn’t have a $20 plan. Only $15 or $25 plan so I am confused about your $20 plan.

Can you please clarify which plan you are on?

You will loss the $2 for AutoPay and you will get 5% in points of your monthly bill and you will get 10 points for every year with PM. 
Once you have 15 points, it can redeemed for $15 credit off your bill.

Need Help? Let's chat.