cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ranking

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey I'm a Town Hero! I don't know how that happened but I just noticed I got a message 2 weeks ago. Well what do you know I think I like this label maybe I can stick with it for a while!

11 REPLIES 11

@AD23 

The secret formula is based on posts, bravos and solutions. With an emphasis on bravos and solutions as they generally indicate the quality of the posts. The oracles and pm keep an eye out for members trying to "game the system" so posting a bunch of bs posts or randomly bravoing similar posts would get noticed. If you hang out and want to learn and like to help then you can easily get $1 or $2 in rewards. A regular who is here consistently can get $5. Top 5% ($10) takes dedication or a lot of copy and pasting standard answers ( don't get me started!) Top 1% ($15) is a full time job or you could just work 1 hour at minimum wage. $20 is reserved for oracles only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AD23 wrote:

Ah, okay! Also, is it purely based on number of posts and bravos? Does it also factor in other metrics like time spent on the page, or number of threads read?

@AD23 : It's a publicly unknown calculation. I doubt time and read counts but like I said...unknown.

Don't come here for the money. Do it for helping your fellow humans and maybe some social interaction. The old joke around here is that it's more profitable for time spent to collect and redeem beverage containers than spend all the time here every month for a couple few bucks. Or work a couple hours at a minimum wage job.

AD23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah, okay! Also, is it purely based on number of posts and bravos? Does it also factor in other metrics like time spent on the page, or number of threads read?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AD23 : Ranking just goes along for the ride. It's time and activity related. You could get all the way to Mayor and stop participating and you'd stay Mayor.

The reward is all about activity each calendar month and then it resets. You don't just keep getting the reward amount you previously got.

AD23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great post! Very informative. Is there a rough estimation of where each ranking system places you in terms of the Contributor Level and Community Reward?

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations on the new ranking!  Way to go!!

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

congrats, hopefully you keep going up that ladder. 

@carlaspapa 

Congrats! Next up Deputy Mayor!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have a look at this thread:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/150976/high...

Looking through my history on my notification board and comparing timing, and from what I understand by looking at lot of people registration date, posts, bravos, solutions and rank, here what it can look like:

EDITED

• Subscribing:                                                    New in town        (certain)
  • 1st post:                                                          Great Neighbour (certain)
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts :                 Good Citizen       (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least app. 35 posts :    Great Citizen      (time certain)
  • At least 2 months + at least 70 Bravoes :       Model Citizen      (highly probable)
  • At least 4 months + at least 15 authored solutions :  Town Hero           (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least 20 authored solutions:   Deputy Mayor     (time highly probable) (solutions certain)
  • At least 6 months + at least app. 1000 posts: Mayor                 (?)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @carlaspapa 

Congratulations!!!

The following is a table for the ranking system which (up until now) I thought was foolproof, however based on your solution numbers, it is now in doubt insofar as the move from Model Citizen to Town Hero:

• New in town  for Subscribing 
  • 1st post  Great Neighbour
  • 1 week + at least approx. 5 posts:               Good Citizen    
  • At least 2 months + at least app. 35 posts : Great Citizen  
  •  At least 2 months + at least 70 Bravoes :      Model Citizen 
  • At least 4 months + at least 15 authored solutions :  Town Hero  
  •  At least 6 months + at least 20 authored solutions:   Deputy Mayor
  • At least 6 months + at least app. 1000 posts:     Mayor    
  •  At least 1 year + merit based, likely top 25% contributor higher for majority of last 9 months            Oracle    (by invite or successful application)

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@carlaspapa wrote:

Hey I'm a Town Hero! I don't know how that happened but I just noticed I got a message 2 weeks ago. Well what do you know I think I like this label maybe I can stick with it for a while!

Ranking goes up because of time, posts, and bravos. It's automatic. You need to be here 6 months to get to Mayor and post around 1000 messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.