cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New (?) promo

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hey,

Just seen an ad for $30/month (instead of $35) for calls+texts+1go 3G data, for new customers only. This a new promo or did I missed something? I tried to find it on PM's website (not on my selfserve) and it's not there...? (and I didn't clicked on the ad and now I can't find it again...)

10 REPLIES 10

@will13am wrote:

This is not the proper place to discuss shopping.  If you want to take it offline or over at RFD, I can point you to what I think is best depending on the type of plan you are looking for.

I am not shopping, I was just suprised to see an online Google ad about a PM deal that I wasn't aware of (until @LEGO reminded me of that old offer I had forgotten) and couldn't find in the "Announcements" section nor on PM plans page... In the end, only an ad that shouldn't have been displayed since it's expired.

Thanks for the offer anyways, but I'm pretty sure my PM plan and rewards is the best I can get on the market 😉 

@will13am wrote:

Maybe the English and double negatives got in the way.  Let me try again.  There are promos related to activation that obviously existing customers cannot get.  I am referring to the deal that ended not that long ago where activation of a talk and text plan at Walmart would yield a free SIM card and $20 of account credit.  As an existing customer, I cannot take advantage of that.  Signing up a new line would not make that line an existing customer.  Outside of those deals tied to activation, it is fair game for everyone.  The current promo $40/4.5GB is universally available.  I can go to the self serve and get it right now.  Activating a new line gets the same plan, same price.  This is what I mean about a descent level of eqality for new and existing customers.

I understand what you are saying, but to me, the deal I am refering to (thanks @LEGO for finding the links, I tried to find official post about it on the community without success) is clearly a plan that was offered only to new customers and that was directly tied with activation. It wasn't a free SIM offer, nor a one-time credit, nor a free 1st month, nor a one-time 500mb bonus... It was the exact same plan than the one available to current customers in the self-serve, except it was $5 cheaper for new customers only. To me this example is not "fair game for everyone", and many people here thought the same at the time. I would also count the competitive response to Freedom Mobile in this category. (From what I remember this is also one of the reasons why it is now not possible anymore to port your number from one PM account to the other.)

@Someone_here wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@LEGO

You are probably right... but the ad was displayed today! Bad ad management perhaps?

Saw an old newpaper perhaps?

Good try! I should have said that it is an online ad; it's a Google ad, so when I refresh the page I get another ad... I'll take a screenshot if it happens again 😉

We are a tough crowd.  Show it to us or it didn't happen.  Smiley Tongue 

@Someone_here wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Someone_here, apart from deals that are tied to initial activation, in the time that I have been here, I have never seen a promo that existing customers could not take advantage of.  We all run off the same self serve system.  The plan selection list is the same for everyone.  WYSIWWG.

@will13am

Huh... I don't understand...

What is the difference for you between "deals tied to initial activation" and "promo that existing customers cannot take advantage of"? 

For me, if you have to close your account/open a new one to get the deal (ie, make a new activation), it IS a promo that existing customers cannot get... no?

Maybe the English and double negatives got in the way.  Let me try again.  There are promos related to activation that obviously existing customers cannot get.  I am referring to the deal that ended not that long ago where activation of a talk and text plan at Walmart would yield a free SIM card and $20 of account credit.  As an existing customer, I cannot take advantage of that.  Signing up a new line would not make that line an existing customer.  Outside of those deals tied to activation, it is fair game for everyone.  The current promo $40/4.5GB is universally available.  I can go to the self serve and get it right now.  Activating a new line gets the same plan, same price.  This is what I mean about a descent level of eqality for new and existing customers.

This is not the proper place to discuss shopping.  If you want to take it offline or over at RFD, I can point you to what I think is best depending on the type of plan you are looking for.

@will13am wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@LEGO

You are probably right... but the ad was displayed today! Bad ad management perhaps?

Good try! I should have said that it is an online ad; it's a Google ad, so when I refresh the page I get another ad... I'll take a screenshot if it happens again 😉

@will13am wrote:

@Someone_here, apart from deals that are tied to initial activation, in the time that I have been here, I have never seen a promo that existing customers could not take advantage of.  We all run off the same self serve system.  The plan selection list is the same for everyone.  WYSIWWG.

@will13am

Huh... I don't understand...

What is the difference for you between "deals tied to initial activation" and "promo that existing customers cannot take advantage of"? 

For me, if you have to close your account/open a new one to get the deal (ie, make a new activation), it IS a promo that existing customers cannot get... no?

@Someone_here wrote:

@LEGO

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LEGO

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Someone_here You are likely referring to this promotion that is already expired: click here

Public Mobile Promo: $30 Province-Wide Talk with 1GB 3G Data: click here

Need Help? Let's chat.