cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New points system

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I feel like this new system Is objectively worse then the old one and sometime in the future will force all legacy users to switch.

can someone tell me whats good about the points system excluding the flexibility of it?

8 REPLIES 8

@InternM001- Rewards or points have no relation to whether or not any freebies get handed out.

InternM001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does this mean that the usual holiday rewards will no longer be given? Will Public just stop giving old customers rewards cause of the new system? Unfortunately with the points system I can no longer recommend Public over other services like Lucky. It’s lost its edge. As it is, charging $10 for 1GB of 3G data was always kind of a rip off anyway. That tech is from the early 2000s! Guess that’s just a downside of living in Canada with our overpriced phone plans. 

brettster99

I am on the $25 plan so yeah probably not even worth the change to points system for loyalty for that

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Other than the discount on add ons, the only other good things are tickets for potential prizes (which are about as good of odds as the lottery and not transparent) and if you have a plan higher than 40, you would be getting more $$$ than the autopay reward of $2 plus you get points for any add ons you buy as well

brettster99

It would have to be very good IE. like 5G support 10GB add on for free and free service for like 6 months. And even then I am not sure I would take it. 

@brettster99    I think they might get quite the push back if they decided to force all of us on the old rewards system  to make the switch.   But if they do opt to do that in the future (perhaps another year or so?), then I think they're more likely to offer some goodies as a bribe first to get customers to voluntarily switch first.

brettster99

yeah that’s what I thought too. There is no way I am switching unless they force me too by getting rid of the old system for legacy customers. And at the point I might consider even switching to another provider. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99   There isn't anything good about the new points system except, perhaps, if you want to purchase add-ons at a discounted price.

Just don't accidentally switch to the points system either as there's no going back,  Unfortunately, for new customers there's no such choice.

Need Help? Let's chat.