cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan

bh83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Please check your subscription options in your account/app I just got offered 100GB of data for $55.00 per month no USA CANADA ONLY!!

18 REPLIES 18

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am really liking that Public Mobile is finally being competitive with these Can/US plans. I just wished all of them were available to existing customers. I would signup for the $34/50GB version.

It is available to existing customers, I just grabbed for two phones.

Screenshot_2024-03-26-10-38-37-460_com.telus.publicmobile-edit.jpg

G_Pomzz

The Canada/US plans are great for my wife and I as we do lots of short trips across the border and it was frustrating to only have a 15 day add-on for US roaming. 

We both grabbed the 50 GB Canada/US plan for $34 per month, which is the same price as our existing 40 GB Canada only plan. Only Freedom offers as good a deal for Can/US plans but it's not worth switching if you have loyalty rewards with Public Mobile. Even with switching over to the points system and losing part of my discount, we'll stick with PM for now. 

Katrinaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow! I just got their new promo plan $29 for 20gb. Would highly recommend continuously checking their promos for deals.

scoToso
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have both Freedom and PM work/ personal, and I prefer PM as the network is better when you leave the big city zones. Freedom does have great 5g 

eJonavin

It's available without the app. At least the $40 and $50 version is. Not the $34 50GB one if you are an existing customer.

G_Pomzz

They are available, I just switched to a 5G Canada/USA plan, 75 GB for $40 month. I think you have to download the app to get this deal. When I looked at changing plans through the website it didn't appear to be available. 

bh83

@will13am what I'm thinking is there was a typo so now it shows CAN-US. Or maybe someone caught the mistake and fixed it this morning.

hi @eJonavin 

the $26-15GB is a direct sms promotion.  Not everyone got that

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @wetcoaster 

I think PM is slowly letting existing customers to get a more reasonable 2024 deals, many got the offer $24-4GB, $26-15GB, and some went ahead and ask for $29 deal and agent helped. 

But yes, it would be great if PM simply let everyone goes with those deal without asking begging

There, fixed it. 😉

We have to agree to disagree. This is not just a single account, we tried multiple times on all my referrals that the switch made sense for. We have always been very polite and understanding. We always wanted to give PM more money and never expected a down grade from a bigger data plan. Categorically "no" to every single inquiry. Some replies from CSR were rather rude, too.

More than two thirds of those accounts are now closed / ported out to the competition. Since 2006/2007 we've always been great supporters of Public Mobile and did a fair amount of "marketing" for them. But, with an overall disillusion with PM's new policies, and an agressive competitor available to most of my friends now, loyalty only goes so far. (yes, we did the math, including the legacy rewards). Sadly enough, some of my friends report better connection with Freedom (on their native network, not nationwide) than they've had with PM over the last year or so. So better service for a lower price and more pleasant CSR interaction? It's hard to say no to that.

eJonavin

Was the $26 15GB Quebec only?

eJonavin

I am really liking that Public Mobile is finally being competitive with these Can/US plans.   I just wished all of them were available to existing customers.  I would signup for the $34/50GB version.

HI @wetcoaster 

I think PM is slowly letting existing customers to get a more reasonable 2024 deals, many got the offer $24-4GB, $26-15GB, and some went ahead and ask for $29 deal and agent helped. 

But yes, it would be great if PM simply let everyone goes with those deal without asking

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@bh83 @wetcoaster @Handy1 @will13am @Hollister 

I just confirmed with CS as well that the data is US and Canada despite it not saying it like the original $65 US plan. Guess I should have delved deeper into the conditions lol.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot 2024-02-23 08.18.44.png

Whatever happened to "less for less"... As an existing customer, it would be great to see some good offers in the gap between $25/1GB and $40/60GB. Heck, just make that $25 a real 2024 plan with 5GB, accessible for all *.

Edited to add, the $55 Canada only plan in the above line-up is the only one with the 90day option at $150/300GB. All data as of 8:30am PST on February 23 /2024.

* No, these accounts are not getting text promos for whatever reason. We never replied "stop" to PM promos. And yes, we have tried to plead, nicely, with CSR on multiple occasions to upgrade $15 to $24 / $25, no dice. You'd think that they would be happy to get $9 / $10 more from us...

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bh83  Yes wow thanks for sharing I see several great plan offerings in my account for both CAN/US plans and non US plans that don’t appear on website it’s like x mas for existing customers today 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Good find!  This deal is not showing up in the plan web page.  I have never taken on a CAN-US plan, does the fine print say anything about how much of the data bucket can be used in the US?  

Edit:  I found the answer.  The fine print says "Whether in Canada or the US, this plan includes unlimited calling, text, picture and video and messaging to phone numbers within and between Canada and the US. Data can be used in both Canada and the US."  I am also seeing this plan on the web site, must have had data caching issues.  Time to do a plan upgrade.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I am on a Christmas promotion $40 for 75GB per month and just switched my next renewal to $40 for 75GB CAN-US. Glad I check in here every couple days.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bh83 
This is what I see in self service:D244F083-0C92-4882-8749-3D8FCDFF0EED.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.