cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan, no service

bella-bambury
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. New to public mobile. Signed up for a plan and ported old number from previous carrier. The old plan and carrier informed us that the account is canceled. But it has been 2 days and I’m getting no service with my public mobile SIM card. Please help this is very inconvenient.

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bella-bambury wrote:

Hello. New to public mobile. Signed up for a plan and ported old number from previous carrier. The old plan and carrier informed us that the account is canceled. But it has been 2 days and I’m getting no service with my public mobile SIM card. Please help this is very inconvenient.

@bella-bambury  - have CSA help you with this?

If still waiting, try some network troubleshooting:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bella-bambury 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for your suggestion @Meow , I'll go ahead and just provide the direct private message link from now on.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@0PX9O4clicking on your link gets me to

Meow_0-1641576149506.png

It might be confusing for new customers as now they have to click on middle right

Meow_1-1641576218580.png

They can use this link here. to go directly into typing a message. Just a suggestion, nothing wrong with your link.

bella-bambury

Doing it as we speak, thank you 

bella-bambury

Yes it is, tried the SIM in another phone and got the same results, no service 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@bella-bambury 

Is your phone unlocked?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'd suggest immediately sending a private message to @CS_Agent with your account information so they can investigate and resolve this for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.