cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plan for $15.00

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hey Community, 

Does this plan mean that they are now offering calls only? No data?

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/activation/plans/unlimitedtalk&text

Screenshot_20240426_154759_Samsung Internet.jpg

I couldn't see the same plan that currently has 250 MB and 100 outgoing minutes. So, does this plan replace that plan original plan?  If so, I thought each phone company had to offer a basic plan that offers minutes and data.

6 REPLIES 6

Joe_G
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@balaca wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @Sansanyes no data.  But instead I'd 100 mins like all other providers offer, people now get unlimited voice call

but current $15 plan subscribers are staying with the current $15 plan, not like they are forced to move over 

Are you saying current subscribers get to stay on $15 with 250 MB data?

Or else, if you meant that Telus has allowed the existing customers to continue with $15 plan, then it is not the case of Telus doing a favor to the customers. The regulator mandates them to offer such a plan.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/occa.htm

The link still asks to include 250 MB data in $15 plan. Isn't the new plan from Telus/PublicMobile a violation?

The mandate you are referring to is "Postpaid occasional-use plans". It does not apply to prepaid plans.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It looks like good plan (potential replacement for Current $15 plan) as 250MB of data was a joke anyway. This new $15 plan offers unlimited everything (except no data).

balaca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @Sansanyes no data.  But instead I'd 100 mins like all other providers offer, people now get unlimited voice call

but current $15 plan subscribers are staying with the current $15 plan, not like they are forced to move over 

Are you saying current subscribers get to stay on $15 with 250 MB data?

Or else, if you meant that Telus has allowed the existing customers to continue with $15 plan, then it is not the case of Telus doing a favor to the customers. The regulator mandates them to offer such a plan.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/occa.htm

The link still asks to include 250 MB data in $15 plan. Isn't the new plan from Telus/PublicMobile a violation?

@Sansan new subscribers can take the $21 plan, or $19 with 90 days subscription, much better value

the $25 plan is there but with a 90 days subscription.  But again , the $21 ($19) 3GB is a better and cheaper deal for those who originally want to go with the $25 1GB

Thanks @hTideGnow current subscribers on the original plan does not have to switch over I know, but based in this the cheapest plan with voice and data is now $29.00 based on this list. Even the $25.00 plan is gone. 

I know they change and add new plans weekly or monthy but these plans are not customer centric in my opinion. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.