cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

Jo57
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,I just bought a new unlocked phone and I can send and receive text,but can’t call out or receive calls.No bars show in the service triangle,there’s a x showing there.theres suppose to be service at my location.I have tried removing SIM card and reinserting it,

8 REPLIES 8

@geopublic is right, usually you need to set up lg door data, but calls work out of the box

You may have a version that is missing required 3g frequencies (850 and 1900) in that case you would be stuck with data only device as (at least for now) pm doesn't offer volte (yet)

If that's the case you can do couple of things until you get another phone.

If you have lots of data you could open free fongo or TextNow and (use your friend's phone to) forward all calls to that new number. You can also use hangouts to call out for free North America and have your own number display when it's important to be calling from your phone

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jo57  Public uses the 3G bands B2 and B5 for calling so make sure your phone is not set to use LTE only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jo57 

LG's seem notorious for needing a full factory reset.

Have a look at networks like WCDMA or UMTS or LTE or 3G or 4G. Don't use one that starts with GSM.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Jo57

Did all that.is there a phone number u can call

Jo57

LG k20

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your phone to PM ?  Try rebooting your phone.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Jo57 Try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  If this fails what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.