cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone new SIM card old plan old phone number

qcriderfan87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I put the new pm SIM card in the new to me Unlocked iphone7.

my previous phone I disabled on public mobile website as lost / stolen

On the pm website, it says change SIM card option, I did that and entered the number from the SIM card

i got a message saying already in use, or something 

restarted phone, still says no service

how can I get my old phone number And plan onto my new phone

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan87  why are you doing this? Just insert you sim card from the old phone and everything should work. Who told you to use the lost stolen option? No need!!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@qcriderfan87 

If you reported you phone lost or stolen,

1.  You need to report it is found.

2.  Change your SIM card to the new one your have.

3.  Insert you new SIM card to your iPhone 7

4.  Restart your iPhone 7 and let your new PM SIM card to configure your iPhone 7 automatically.

If you did all these steps and your iPhone 7 is still not working, follow @gblackma instruction to connect your iPhone 7 to a PC running iTune.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan87  did you remove lost stolen on the account? Try these 2 things in order. 

1. sync to iTunes
    1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
    2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
    3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
    4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
    5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
    6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.
  2. Reset your network settings - Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APNsettings that you've used before.

Restart your phone if it doesn't, reenter your wifi if applicable, enter sms and  mms to send and receive from Android phones. Emavle data amd try to send an mms text message and to surf the net. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan87 try using your browser in incognito/private mode and try changing your sim again

also take your account off of lost/stolen mode

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@qcriderfan87 

Did you also report your phone found in your self service account?

Then reboot the phone with new SIM card.  

Need Help? Let's chat.