cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone need to switch esim

jkl9090
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a new phone and I need to switch my esim to my new phone can some one please help me

10 REPLIES 10

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is no way to switch eSIM from one phone to another. At least not at PM.
What was the reason to choose eSIM vs. physical SIM? Plain SIM is way more portable and very, very rarely fails, if ever and it easy to transfer from phone to phone.

@jkl9090 

Are you porting over to PM from another carrier?

Or are you an existing member that just want to switch from a SIM to eSIM?

@jkl9090 

so, do you see the esim installed on your new phone?

If not, check if  there is a QR code from a PM email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone.

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step eSIM installation step), try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@jkl9090   . You tried that already , then might be  time to let support step into help then in that case here’s a text link to customer support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@jkl9090 ,

• download the Public Mobile app  on your new Phone & login, select + symbol on bottom left, go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page to purchase an eSIM, scroll down & select ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’

Edit: Sorry I am a slow typer & there were no response when I was replying!

HI @jkl9090 

yes, once you got the new eSIM and installed, the number will go with the new esim

If still have problem,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jkl9090

That is not working at all I've been trying that method

jkl9090

I did buy a new esim I want to use the same number

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jkl9090  You need to re buy one . So with new phone download the app and log into your account and go to subscription add on page notice shop sim now at the bottom . Select it and choose eSIM . Download and install that’s it 

Handy1_0-1702057155563.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jkl9090 

sorry, no eSIM transfer betwen phones. Most carriers have this policy.  You need to rebuy a new one for $5

Since you need to rebuy new, why not change it back to physical?.  With physical sim, you can easily switch it between phones for FREE. 

You can get a physical sim from Telus or Koodo stores ($10) or online at Amazon ($5)

but if you are staying with eSIM, download the PM app on the new phone. Buy from the Subscription & addon page (you might need to expand the menu by clicking on the circle with a + at the bottom left).  When you are on that page, scroll down and click Shop Sim card

Need Help? Let's chat.