cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number

Boxz122
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just subscribed to public mobile went to transfer my old number from other carrier now neither lines work they ask me to login in to my account I cannot cause they send me a code to my number that doesn't work. How do I just get a new number

4 REPLIES 4

@Andy85 - good answer. But i'd suggest you change, and going forward, the 'our' to 'the' in your statement:

"please submit a ticket with our customer support team."

It comes off as you are a Public Mobile representative, rather than a fellow customer. And I'd be afraid this would lead someone to share personal information here (or directly to you) when it should only be shared with Public Mobile Customer Support.  😊

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Boxz122 

are you activating physical or eSIM?

is your phone showing now connected to PM network at all?

if you have physical sim card, try it on another phone as well.  If same, it is likely a sim provisioning issue.  Easy fix for PM support but you just need to engage PM agent by direct message 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

If you have eSIM, please confirm if your eSIM was properly installed.  Check SIM Manager or Cellular screen on your phone to confirm if the eSIM is there and enabled.  Let us know what you see there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Boxz122  Did you leave old providers SIM card in phone and  reply YES to the confirmation text to port ? Is so there’s a number for live support will send you it private message and they. Can re trigger the port request for you 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Boxz122

You old number should still be active unless you previously closed your account with your old carrier. Try placing your old SIM into the phone to see if you receive the code. 

If you have tried all this and it is still unsuccessful, please submit a ticket with our customer support team. You can do so by using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in you community inbox to check it from time o time. Due to high volumes, the delays for your ticket can be 24-48 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.