cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number porting appears incomplete

Haala
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Shortly ago I became a new subscriber to Public Mobile.

I ported my number from the previous service provider to Public.

I can call others and my number shows on their caller ID.

When others try to call me, their calls are immediately directed to VoiceMail.

I hope you can help.

7 REPLIES 7

Haala

Went to 'Profile', 'Change phone Number', then 'Transfer Phone Number' tab and redid this process again for my number that wasn't completely ported.

Success.

[Something new for stuck ports?? .......... Luddite]

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Haala 

in public mobile not have option for caller ID.

when you port in
your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request.
do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this SMS message reply yes and the 90 minute window to respond,

if you did reply yes , then good.

tried reset network,
and choose 3G network
and rebooting device.

but if you miss it to reply SMS yes , then If the previous troubleshooting steps didn’t work, and it has taken more than 2 business hours to transfer your mobile number,

you will need open ticket with Customer Support Agent. Chatbot

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Haala 

Sounds like your porting is incomplete because you didn’t reply to the text with the old SIM in your phone. There is a 90 minute window for you to reply or the porting is aborted.

Contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by creating a ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them on this Community.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Haala   You don't have to redo the activation but need to call the toll free number from the link provided.  I'll also private message you the Telus porting # (check the message box top right) who will be able to resubmit the transfer request.  You'll need to keep the old provider's SIM in your phone and respond with YES within the 90 minute window and that account also has to be kept active until porting is complete.

Haala

It appears I have to do the activation process again for the sim that I already have an account for.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Haala wrote:

I can call others and my number shows on their caller ID.

WHAT number they see on their screen? Your ported number? Or any PM number.

Did you follow porting procedure to the letter?

Does calls go to PM voice mail or old provider's vmail?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It sounds like you didn't follow the instruction of leaving your old sim in to confirm the transfer. Incoming calls are the last thing to work.

Find the toll free number in the link to re-trigger the transfer and leave your old sim in to confirm.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Help-with-porting-my-number-from-Rogers/m-p/123686/high...

Need Help? Let's chat.