cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New number not working?

Katilicious1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently left my phone at a sporting event and had to replace it.  I put my services on hold until I was able to get a new phone and sim.  I updated it all and every seemed fine.

However, the new number I picked when I updated my sim card is not showing up when I make calls and text people?

My old number ended with 3030 and this is what is showing up message/call people.  My new number ends in 8956.

Ive tried putting my services on hold again to see if the new number would show up but its stuck on my old number ending in 3030.

How do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Katilicious1 

More details on how you changed SIM card or phone number would be helpful.  

As mentioned, you should have just login to your previous account and changed the SIM card number on the profile section.  Then insert that SIM card in your new phone.  You should be calling with the old phone number.  

There is no need to pick up a new phone number.  However, some customers mistakenly activate the new SIM card with a new phone number.  Ie. A new account with new phone number.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Wait a minute @Katilicious1 , when you picked up a new SIM card, did you simply change the SIM card number in your existing account profile (thus keeping the existing phone number and account), or did you start afresh and activate the SIM card?

If you did something unintentionally, perhaps customer support can help to rectify:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.