cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eSIM

Summerhun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile sent me a new eSIM however when I try to add it to my iPhone I get multiple notices saying it does not work including ""unable to continue cellular configuration" as well as "no usable data found" and "unable to activate eSIM". How do I solve this? I suspect I will also still need my number ported over. As I no longer have an active subscription with my previous provider.

9 REPLIES 9

Summerhun

I have the iPhone 12. I am concerned I will still have the issue of porting the number over. I am unable to make immediate arrangements to go to Telus but I will reach out and try for that.

HI @Summerhun 

which iPhone you have?  There have been some iPhone esim activation problem, I see many have to change and use physical sim instead

personally, I dont mind, you are more flexible (and free)  in terms of switching phones

Summerhun

iPhone! Unfortunately I can't get the new eSIM to show on the phone whatsoever, so while I know what you're meaning with toggling primary that isn't an option

hi @Summerhun 

you are using PM esim? do you use Android or iPhone?

do you see esim showing in Sim Manager? if it is, try to enable it, or  set it as "Primary" and toggle on "Turn on this line"

Summerhun

The account is not fully closed per se, simply inactive and I have enable ByPass SMS. 

@Summerhun  Yes unfortunately that’s how the support works around here . All you can do is wait for them to respond with what to do next . Personally I would avoid eSIM and get a physical SIM card from Telus /koood or order from Amazon .they are better for switching devices and trouble shooting . And don’t have to be re bought ever . eSIM has to many issues from what I can tell 

@Summerhun 

unless your prior provider was Telus or Koodo, if the service there is inactive and the account is closed, you will be unable to port the number to Public Mobile.

In order to port a number from one mobile provider to another, the prior provider account must be active as you need to respond yes to a port authorization request from them with your old provider SIMS active in a device.

Summerhun

Currently speaking with them but answers have taken hours at a time.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Summerhun Please submit ticket with support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.