cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer -- My REFERRAL REWARD Code didn't work on the person I referred!!!

mlrs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there,

I was registering with Public Mobile on 2021-12-02, and set up my PM account on the same day to receive my referral code.

Next day, it was 2021-12-03, I helped my family member to join Public Mobile, activated his Sim card by my referral reward code. Everything looks perfect during the activating process.

However, four days past so far. My family member hasn't received the $10 credit as a new customer by using my referral reward code, while I haven't received the $1 monthly reward of referring a friend to join.

I am a new customer of PM who is trying to find a way to solve these problems. Is anyone kindly point me a direction what I can do from here? I contacted LIVE CHAT yesterday. They suggested me to raise a question on community board.

Thank you for your help!!!

Regards,

mlrs

14 REPLIES 14

@syed95 wrote:

They don't always apply their discounts, they are still cheap and bes according to my knowledge

From what I understand, they are usually quiet understand.  As long as you open a ticket and it is an honest mistake, they will apply it back no problem

@syed95 

If something goes wrong they will fix it up.

AE_Collector

syed95
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They don't always apply their discounts, they are still cheap and bes according to my knowledge

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Too be sure… you are both looking in the right place for the credits.

The newest account would receive the one time $10 and typically it shows up in between 1 and 3 days in the “Available Funds” total on account in Self Serve area.

Your $1 per month credit shows up right after the referred person activates but would be in your account showing on the “Refer-A-Friend” line under My Rewards. It sits there and then moves up to go towards your next monthly renewal right as your plan renews. Since your account is only a few days old I don’t need to explain in this case that IF your plan went into renewal very shortly after the $1 arrived in your account it would have gone to your renewal without you necessarily ever seeing it there.

We don’t yet know where the December $30 Referral Bonus (6 months x $5) will show up but it might land in “Available Funds” in $5 increments. And it could take a bit to initially arrive since it is a new situation.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walker1 : ...and those thousand words start out wrong.

@mlrs : the request needs to be by way of the referred party..not the referrer.

@Anonymous 

Should have used a visual 😊

Like we say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Edit...

too late, there's a thousand words and a kitchen sink, already.   😆

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mlrs 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agent, private message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us

Terms & Conditions

$30 Refer-a-friend bonus added to eligible customer accounts in $5 monthly increments for 6 months. Monthly credit will be applied as long as each payment is made before or on renewal date. Customers must use their unique referral code. Limited to one credit per customer. Offer ends December 31st 2021 11:59 EST, referred customer must activate by that time. Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when credit has been applied to the account. Credit will be applied within the first week of each month, starting in January.

.. .and if you are unsure the characters, Notepad is your friend, simple app but very often it shows characters clearer  🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@mlrs : To sweeten the pot more, lucky for you, you would be eligible for the 6×$5 referral reward for your account.

Make sure of the right characters ie. zero or oh, five or ess, one or ell, two or zed.

Indeed... those dang similar characters have likely messed up many folks:

0  vs O

5  vs S

1  vs  l

2  vs Z

One way you can be sure, @mlrs , is to literally copy/paste your referral code from your self-serve landing page, then text or e-mail it to the recipient.   Tell them to do the same when providing it to PM customer support agents (as opposed to trying to decipher any of the above similar characters)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mlrs : To sweeten the pot more, lucky for you, you would be eligible for the 6×$5 referral reward for your account.

Make sure of the right characters ie. zero or oh, five or ess, one or ell, two or zed.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mlrs 

When referrals go awry, the person who entered the referral code for the new activation needs to contact the Customer Support Agents. (not the person whose referral code was used)

Make sure this person has your CORRECT referral code on hand to provide the CSA's.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @mlrs  ,  since both you and the person you referred didn't get the referral bonus after 72 hours, the person you referred should open a ticket with PM, click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. Type: My rewards are missing,
  2. click on "Refer A friend",
  3. click on "Yes, I'm the referred customer',
  4. click "Click here to submit a ticket" .
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

@mlrs 

Your family member willl need to open a ticket with a Public Mobile CSA (customer support agent) to have your refer-a-freiend reward applied and to have the new customer $10 credit also applied.  This can be done by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.