cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation

rego
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently got a new card, and I am trying to activate the card. My credit card was charged, but I do not think my activation completed because I am unable to login to selfserve. When I try to activate again, it says invalid sim. How do I solve this?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@rego, so what's the status update your account and phone? Is it working for you?

Welcome to Public Mobile, where the community is full of answers and sarcasm! 

I believe that most times when this happens, the moderators do usually need to get involved because Public Mobile often ends up opening the account but doesn't activate the service. As with the previous mention of checking if your credit card was really charged, I would also try to create the self serve account manually by going to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ . It's possible that the actual service did get activated properly but just that the self serve account didn't get created.

@rego If your credit card was charged,  your account was created. Follow @JoyLuck 's suggestion and contact the moderators, but since you can't log into your self service account use this private message link to contact them directly and ask them to reset your sim card. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

To get into your self service account,  wait 1 hour from last attempt,  clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to login, if this fails, and you know your secret question, use the forgot password link to get back into your self service account. If none of these work, also ask the  moderators for a temporary password. 

Stay safe and welcome to PM.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode. Also clear your cache & cookies then reboot and try logging in again.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rego  when activating your card if an error occurred then you need to wait for an hour so that the previous session lock can clear before attempting the activation again otherwise you will get the invalid SIM error.

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

rego
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Thanks for responding. My phone does not work.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@rego wrote:

I recently got a new card, and I am trying to activate the card. My credit card was charged, but I do not think my activation completed because I am unable to login to selfserve. When I try to activate again, it says invalid sim. How do I solve this?

Thanks.

Does your phone work?

Need Help? Let's chat.