cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation rant

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why all these "new activation only" plans? 

Not cool PM. I remember you used to be cool. 

8 REPLIES 8

Michael6666

This post marks the beginning of the end with the loyalty bait and switch! 

Michael6666

Just seems to be getting worse public mobile.

Isn't the point of prepaid that I'm not attached to any one plan.. 

lamberguini
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All u gotta do is sign up and switch to Public points bro just ask customer service or @CS_Agent if u having trouble! Hope it works out!

♡~Amber

HI @Michael6666 

I think PM heard your voice, the $34 plan is now available for everyone!! existing subscribers as well

hTideGnow_0-1699037655898.png

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I wish I was one of those "prestigious " who received that email offer. Never even knew about that. I have the $15 for my child for 5 years now.  First phone for them. It would be nice to get a upgraded offer from PM?? Lol  still on the old rewards system.  I prefer it to this new rewards offer as of 2022 that people are automatically signed up for. 

Michael6666

I'm in Quebec. 

I was looking at the 20gb for 34$ on a 30 day plan.

I had the rant disclaimer, no need for such an aggressive commentary, sorry for offending you. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Michael6666 wrote:

Why all these "new activation only" plans? 

Not cool PM. I remember you used to be cool. 

ALL these plans??? Have you logged into your account recently and had a look at what's available on the "change plan" page???

The only plan that is for new activations only, and has been the only one for quite a while, is the $40/30GB/30days plan. You can easily switch to any of the others. In fact, $45/40GB or $55/50GB are arguably even better bang for the buck if you need that much data (for 30day plans, if you are up to locking into one of the 90day plans and pay 3x amount upfront it gets even better). I have been jumping to plans, that suit me better for a better price, pretty much at the end of every cycle for what feels the better part of 2023.

Also a reminder that this better-deal-for-new-activations game has been played by all providers for ages. I still appreciate the fact that Public Mobile offers are not locking me in for 2 years - I can switch to any plan available account either at any time, obviously I'm a proponent for scheduling a plan change for next renewal (which will happen even if the offer is not on the website anymore, as long as you locked it in when it was up... don't forget to take a screenshot of the tag that confirms that you successfully scheduled the change.)

Now if we're talking to more data for the $15 or the $25 - I'm with the person who brings up that one on the wish list. (and yes, I know that there are certain people that will insist that there were recent text offers to those plans offering more data - reminder to those people, the texts were only sent to selected accounts and not univerally to all $15 /$25 plan holders. If you got it - wonderful, but it wasn't for everybody.)

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Well, I guess we must just

Take 3 before using SIMon.Take 3 before using SIMon.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.