cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation no access to my account

DaveW1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

According to the instructions, I should have access to my account after activating a new SIM card, but I do not. I tried logging in and says that my username and password are incorrect. Help?

7 REPLIES 7

I guess the reason they can take the timeout away is that now with 2FA protection, it can eliminate the worry of  brute-force attack. 

@Handy1 

Definitely used to be an issue with the previous self-serve build, but not this one.   (fortunately!!!)  😁

@Handy1  in the current My Account, there is no longer a lock and hence no need to wait an hour.  Just close the browser and try again.  If still unable to login, it is some other issue, not related to the timeout wait

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DaveW1 @I’n addition to what @hTideGnow @and @HALIMACS have told you to try if you ,exceeded your attempts to sign in you may have to wait n hour before it finally works 

@DaveW1 

If you have service, your self-serve should definitely work.

Try again, but first clear all system cache and cookies and open an incognito tab.

You may even want to try accessing the login screen from a completely different browser/ different device.

DaveW1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Yes, my service is working but I still can't access my account and I have now exceeded the attempts to get in.

I did the whole activation on incognito because even that part wouldn't work.

I will create a ticket. 

Thank you.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @DaveW1  is your service working?

did you try to login using Private/Incognito/Secret mode?

if you still unable to login, open ticket with CS agent and they will help

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.