cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation and porting my number

TI58
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How will PM contact me when the porting is complete? It's been 2 hours and my phone will not receive or send calls or texts now. I will not install the new PM sim card until I know porting is complete. I did not get a temporary number. I did give an alternate phone number to call or text to. Will PM let me know through my account?

19 REPLIES 19

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TI58  We happy you got it all sorted out and welcome to public mobile 🙂

TI58

So I just installed the PM sim card and all is good. I never received a message from PM though. I went to my Virgin account and my phone was deleted from the account. I figured at that point it was okay. Thanks for all the help! 

Yeah forget the old service and try the Public sim. If it's not doing anything on the old one then why wait?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TI58  If nothing works on old sim it’s safe to say your PM SIM card should work now 

TI58

Nothing with the old sim works. "NO NETWORK AVAILABLE" message if I try calling or texting. Nothing can come in either. I'm going to wait a bit and then change out the sim card and see what happens.

TI58

I'll give a little time and give it a go later.

So does anything work with the old sim? Does anything work with the Public sim? Usually for porting, the last thing to transfer is incoming phone calls.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TI58  I’m not sure they will . But when your old providers SIM card don’t work any more I’d say it’s safe to put PM SIM card in and test services 

TI58

I just talked with a Customer Service rep. It could take a little time. Starting yesterday around 11:00 network wide porting was very slow for some reason. The fact that my phone has no service is a good thing, porting is happening. PM will message me when port is complete. I still don't understand how they can message me on my phone with no service. We'll see.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TI58  If you have received the text from old provider . Does that sim work anymore if not this good indication it’s time to try the PM SIM card in phone . Otherwise just follow what the folks from porting team (phone number I sent you ) walk you thru the rest 

edit grammar 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TI58  They will be able to help with the port for you no worries 

TI58

I received an 800 number I can call. I'm on hold now. Hopefully I'll get an answer

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TI58 

I would suggest you contact a CS_Agent right away then.

TI58

Yes, about 10 minutes from starting the process I received the text. I replied yes. Thanks.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TI58 

Did you reply to the text with YES confirming you are porting over to PM within the 90 minute window with the old SIM in your phone?

If you missed to reply or passed the 90 minute mark. The porting will a cancelled.

If you reply within the 90 minutes then it could be a provisional/backend issue with the SIM. In this case, contact a CS_Agent by private messaging on the envelope icon on your computer.

TI58

Yes, received text and responded "YES" probably 10 minutes in. I'm on hold with the number you sent me. Thanks.

TI58

Yes, old sim still in phone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That text comes on your old sim in a phone. Did you leave the old sim in your phone?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TI58  Did you not receive a text from old provider to confirm the port and reply YES in the 90 min window or not get the text at all ? No worries there a number for live support to help re start port request for you . Will send private message . As we not allowed to post it here . And get it fixed 

Need Help? Let's chat.