cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account nowhere to put address?

chappyshiba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On the app, there is nowhere to enter my address only postal code. When trying to purchase a plan, at the credit card stage we get an error. It asks for postal code and credit card number only. I think the error is because it does not see an address ( for credit card verification) in the sing up field. Any thoughts? Can't purchase a plan.

Was told to use a new email account and reinstall the app but still get the error at the credit card stage.

Help!

29 REPLIES 29

@chappyshiba wrote:

Tried everything you suggested. Still the same error. Nothing works.

An all day nothing burger. Thanks PM.

@chappyshiba , unfortunately I have to wave the white flag.  I am out of suggestions.  The app permission was what got in my way in the activation process.  Once I enabled location, it was off to the races.  Everything fell into place from there.  

chappyshiba

Tried everything you suggested. Still the same error. Nothing works.

An all day nothing burger. Thanks PM.

@chappyshiba wrote:

I turned on all PM app permissions incl. location. Tried but no luck. Only field that showed was the Postal code. Again, filled in the credit card info clicked , getting the same error. 'Something went wrong. Please try again'

Also of note, we checked the credit card website and it was charged to it @ $0.00.

Thx anyways.

@chappyshiba , try deleting app cache and relaunching.  If that does not work, delete app data, reenable location permission.  Go all the way to reinstalling the app.  If enabling location does not allow full address, it is definitely app cache getting in the way.  

chappyshiba

I turned on all PM app permissions incl. location. Tried but no luck. Only field that showed was the Postal code. Again, filled in the credit card info clicked , getting the same error. 'Something went wrong. Please try again'

Also of note, we checked the credit card website and it was charged to it @ $0.00.

Thx anyways.

@chappyshiba wrote:

There was really no solution ( I accidentally clicked the solution button)  besides the agent suggesting a voucher and for her to help us complete the new plan activation and porting the number. Your suggestion is very interesting and could work. I might give it a try. When we tried earlier today there was no field for our address, just the postal code, then credit card details, then error. Thanks for this and if works, I'll update and it could help lots of people!!

@chappyshiba , the postal code is the seed for auto filling the address.  I happened to figure this out after much thinking.  I was stuck with an unfilled address and so I backed out and took a timeout, got some fresh air and fresh thinking.  I checked the app permissions and sure enough they were all disabled.  I enabled permissions and right away, full address was filled.  TBH, the dev dropped the ball big time.  I have seen sites where they would allow manual entry and they can verify address to postal code after complete entry without the need for location.  Alternatively, if location is needed, the permission is sought.  

chappyshiba

There was really no solution ( I accidentally clicked the solution button)  besides the agent suggesting a voucher and for her to help us complete the new plan activation and porting the number. Your suggestion is very interesting and could work. I might give it a try. When we tried earlier today there was no field for our address, just the postal code, then credit card details, then error. Thanks for this and if works, I'll update and it could help lots of people!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am throw in a suggestion anyway despite a solution already been assigned.  The Public Mobile app has the following permissions: camera, location, notifications, phone.  The location permission is required to autofill the address.  Unfortunately, the app does not request location permission when trying to complete the address and without location permission, it fails.  The user is not allowed to manually enter an address without the use of location to help with autofill.  On android devices, the default is to disable permissions unless granted by the user.  If the app does not ask for permission, there is no way for the user to know that it is needed.  I going to guess that this is probably the root cause for a lot of address related issues.  

@chappyshiba wrote:

The only way I get my wife on PM is to buy a voucher ( no idea how that works) and contact someone via the chat again to do it for us. That will probably be a worse experience than the hours I've wasted today.

Shell gas, Walmart or London Drug is among the list of retail places to get PM payment vouchers.  There's a code on the receipt. You can also get vouchers on-line,  https://www.muskbird.com  they have a small user fee for theirs.

chappyshiba

The only way I get my wife on PM is to buy a voucher ( no idea how that works) and contact someone via the chat again to do it for us. That will probably be a worse experience than the hours I've wasted today.

@chappyshiba 

could you please let us know when this gets resolved...and how. (So we know if it ever happens to someone else)

chappyshiba

I know it works, as I'm a customer. My wife isn't. I also know they updated the app (Android) recently and I thought it would be an easy set up for her. Boy was I wrong.

chappyshiba

I'm already with PM. Our address hasn't changed. This was supposed to be a new activation for my wife. They only ask for the postal code then the credit card info. After that we get an ERROR. Everytime. Have tried everything. Nothing works. The only suggestion was buy a voucher and go back to someone in the chat room for help.. What's the point in having an app if a new customer can't even buy a subscription and pay for it?

Legacy_Rewards

@chappyshiba wrote:

Been trying to make a new account and by a subscription for over 3 hrs. I'm not the problem. The app is screwing up. It's ridiculous for the chat person to not even offer a solution. If the app doesn't work tell me. Its 2024. Make an app that people can use to purchase your service. Not much to ask.

They definitely did not put any resources into improving activations.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Latest-Enhancements-to-your-Public-Mobi...

@chappyshiba wrote:

Been trying to make a new account and by a subscription for over 3 hrs. I'm not the problem. The app is screwing up. It's ridiculous for the chat person to not even offer a solution. If the app doesn't work tell me. Its 2024. Make an app that people can use to purchase your service. Not much to ask.

I apologize if I implied you were the problem....on the contrary...PM has made the process onerous and confusing for most new customers to navigate. The app does work, but for some reason...it's glitching out for you.

@J_PM 

can somebody contact this customer with correct info please.

hi @chappyshiba is yours an apartment??

or is yours a new address?? PM has it lookup based in Google Map, it is known new address that Google Map has trouble finding might have problem 

@chappyshiba  Yes support can help transfer the number for you 

chappyshiba

chappyshiba

I need the fido number ported. at the same time. Are they going to do that for me if we buy a voucher.

@chappyshiba 

both Visa or MC should work for your activation on the app. Sometimes, if you attempt and fail too often, PM will suspect fraud and lock you out for an hour or so. If you messaged Customer Support and they suggested voucher to get you started...why not give that a try..you'll need Customer Support to activate the plan and vouchers if you use them. Shell gas, Walmart or even London Drug have PM vouchers.

chappyshiba

Can I use the website until the porting part and switch to the app?

chappyshiba

I can't get past the payment stage.

chappyshiba

Can I use the PM web site to purchase a new plan and port my fido number to PM? I was told I could only use the app which wont let me pay with credit card (error)

@chappyshiba wrote:

Can i open a new account on the PM web site and port my fido number? APP doesnt work!!!

Unfortunately you must use the free PM app to activate all new PM accounts. During the activation process, you'll be given opportunity to port from previous network.

chappyshiba

Can i open a new account on the PM web site and port my fido number? APP doesnt work!!!

chappyshiba

Credit card postal code is correct. Tried two credit cards. Something wrong with app. Trying

Visa and MC. Why is there always an issue. Chatted with someone. Only solution is to buy a voucher. Seriously? 

@chappyshiba 

What credit card are you trying ? Also, ensure the postal code on the credit card matches your postal code.

@chappyshiba  

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1710536631999.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

chappyshiba

Keep getting an error tho. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chappyshiba  This is normal . It only asks for the postal code just make sure the postal code matches that of the credit card . And that the correct province is selected in the app at the beginning of choosing the plan you want 

Need Help? Let's chat.