cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Web design and credit card

Slui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First of all, last year I added funds to my account with my credit card as a one time top op. I never meant for my credit card to be saved or subscribed to automatic payment. I just found out that it was saved and subscribed to automatic payment. I unsubscribed but there is only an edit option for my credit card and no delete option. No way of deleting my credit card information. The only thing going for me is that my credit card was cancelled a while ago hence no funds were taken. It would still be nice to be able to remove a credit card though.

Secondly, the new login security check by text message code is severely flowed. I gave this phone to my dad but I am managing the account. Now, each time I need to access the account, I need to contact my dad. This leads me to wonder, if my dad loses the phone, how will I get help? You need the phone to get an access code via text message to access the account and the community. If the phone is lost then I have no resource to turn to. Koodoo asks if you want to receive the code via email or text message. Why can't Public Mobile do the same?

Finally, I may be not seeing something, but there seems to be no way to change the email address. I don't need to change the email address so it does not affect me yet but that seems odd that it cannot be changed.

7 REPLIES 7

stan008
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Slui,

Friend, that sounds like a real hassle you got there with your credit card and the login security check. Dealing with these tech glitches can be a pain. I had a similar issue a while back, not with Public Mobile but another service. Here's what I did – might work for you too.

As for the credit card issue, have you tried contacting customer service? Sometimes they can take a few actions and get rid of those unwanted details. It worked for me once. If it's a dead end, it might be worth creating a new account and moving everything there.

Now, the whole login security mess – I feel you. It's like they're making it harder for us. I'd suggest hitting up Public Mobile's support about your dad's phone situation. Maybe they can add an email option like Koodoo – it makes way more sense.

About the email change, that's weird. I'd keep an eye on it in case you ever need to switch it up. Tech companies can be stubborn about these things.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech 

Good find!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Slui you can change to a different phone number or email to receive the 2FA.  Just login My Account, go to Profile page. click Manage EverSafe ID and make change there

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profilehttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-profile

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. Do “resend”  of code to the email address

2. Put a prepaid credit card for $$10 on the account. Or someone will give you the number of an exhausted one to use. 

3. Ask a CSA to change email address. 

How are you going to manage his payments ? 
If manually, I would suggest the hybrid auto pay option. 

Thanks for helping your father!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Slui , if you need to contact a CS_Agent for help please don’t use the virtual assistant/chatbot due to it is not working correctly & Public Mobile is aware of it. Instead you can send a private message to a CS_Agent: ->

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Customer Support Agents are available from:

• Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox at the top right of this page (envelope icon to the left of your community avatar).

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can click resend code and it gives you more options. One of them is email.

It's been since last July that we haven't been able to remove the card ourselves. But we can change it and turn off autopay. You can change it to a zero balance visa gift card also.

This new system does let us change the account email address. It also lets you set a notification number that is not the account. But it can't be another Public number. And you can't use whatever that other number is more than once.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Slui 

You can contact an agent to remove your cc information. The current system only allows you to change it. You can use the resend code option to choose the code to be sent to an email address.

You can contact an agent.

You will receive a response from an agent faster using the first option below, which is the preferred method.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.