cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User: keep getting not registered.

DennisC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have read most of the tips about fixing the problem, airplane mode off/on restart etc

Could not find the Public Mobile listed on my phone

I have had my phone deactivated by Telus. I can log into my account with Public so it is activate but keep getting Not registered on network.

Checked the chip all seems well with it.

10 REPLIES 10

@DennisC   Yes, look like there were many provisioning issue last couple days. 

So in the end, you have opened a ticket with PM ?

Anyway, we are happy it's finally working for you

DennisC

I am now up and running. The problem seemed to be at their end. Thank you all for your help.

@DennisC 

Type "SIM not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

@DennisC have you open a ticket with mod yet?

DennisC

It is safe

DennisC

Yes I did. The phone is a samsung S9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DennisC 

Did you try rebooting the phone by powering off the phone and wait a few minutes then power back on?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DennisC  since you are from Telus, I would assume you are using the same phone, if that is the case, your phone should work on PM without issue.

So, if you put the  Telus sim back and try to call your number, the Telus SIM won't ring, right?  If so, the porting is completed

There have been quiet some activation issue lately.  You might want to open a ticket with Mod to confirm if they need to manually do something on the back end to fix the issue:

(After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

fadz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you check if the phone is compatible with public mobile sim/service? It may be the reason

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DennisC wrote:

I have read most of the tips about fixing the problem, airplane mode off/on restart etc

Could not find the Public Mobile listed on my phone

I have had my phone deactivated by Telus. I can log into my account with Public so it is activate but keep getting Not registered on network.

Checked the chip all seems well with it.

Hi @DennisC  - Welcome!

Try:

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

**Can you try this SIM card into another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.