cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Telus Brand Port in procedure..Again

softech
Oracle
Oracle

anyone notice the update today in the Porting announcement??

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

direct copy from the thread:

-------------------- 

Edited on March 9th, 2021 to include an updated number transfer process from TELUS/Koodo brands to Public Mobile.

Customers porting in from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid and Koodo Postpaid brands will now follow the same process as those porting in from other carriers, and will have to respond to an SMS text to validate the transfer.

Those that wish to transfer an existing number from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile will continue to complete their activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team to transfer their existing number to Public Mobile.

15 REPLIES 15

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

What is old, is new again.

Wait a day, (or 2)

Then what is new, is old again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

direct copy from the thread:

-------------------- 

Edited on March 9th, 2021 to include an updated number transfer process from TELUS/Koodo brands to Public Mobile.

Customers porting in from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid and Koodo Postpaid brands will now follow the same process as those porting in from other carriers, and will have to respond to an SMS text to validate the transfer.

Those that wish to transfer an existing number from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile will continue to complete their activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team to transfer their existing number to Public Mobile.

@softech , 

Yesterday was a "oh, that is now changed day?".

I found this particular tidbit out after posting to an OP about to have Mods help to port over if porting Telus/Koodo/PC.... then @computergeek541 corrected me, and let me know, my data is outta date, it changed today (well yesterday now).

Gotta keep on our toes here at PM!

@softech wrote:

just curious,  what is so special about "Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile" from the rest of the Telus Brands product?? why different procedures??

I understand PC Mobile maybe not 100%Telus..but Koodo Prepaid as well?? 

If the difference is just prepaid, then why not Telus Prepaid??

sorry.. just can't sleep yet.. lol

PC Mobile isn't Telus. It's all Bell now. PC Mobile converted everyone left on Telus PC Mobile to Koodo. 

@softech 

They share the same back end so its number transfer not a port.

just curious,  what is so special about "Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile" from the rest of the Telus Brands product?? why different procedures??

I understand PC Mobile maybe not 100%Telus..but Koodo Prepaid as well?? 

If the difference is just prepaid, then why not Telus Prepaid??

sorry.. just can't sleep yet.. lol

@Anonymous 

Its that "new" plasma tv it has you mesmerized!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : lol watching tv!! Geez I go sit on the couch for a bit and the world changes. Crapper jack!

@Anonymous 

Geez....where were you all day?!!😉

@Anonymous  yes.. honest we are actually their Level 1 Support.. (except without pay.. or just given  a "candy") , they should find a way feed us the latest updates.. not just secretly change thing on the back.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice find @softech .

Y'know...it really makes it clear that they don't really actually give a ... about the regulars in this community. How hard would it be to insert one post with that magic PM icon saying "...hey folks check out the OP..." That's all. That bumps the thread. The icon makes us all sit up and notice. That would bring everybody here's attention to it and we'd all get the update.

No well after the fact verifying by the almighty Oracles. No fluke stumble across it by a regular. We'd all get to know it right then. All the speculation and wondering would cease.

haha... when I said "Telus Brands postpaid/prepaid" different procedures..its kinda a typo.. i dun actually meant Telus postpaid and prepaid has different procedures.. sorry.. 

@softech 

Agreed. Thanks now you are updating me....lol?!!

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 

thanks. I found out the SIM change and the disappear of the 4 digits earlier today..

just found out this Telus Brands postpaid/prepaid different procedures.. I think they should make a new announcement post and not just update an old post..

Within the exception of Koodo prepaid, that's not the informaiton that I have. I've been told that Telus prepaid porting happens the same way as Telus postpaid.

@computergeek541 

thanks. I found out the SIM change and the disappear of the 4 digits earlier today..

just found out this Telus Brands postpaid/prepaid different procedures.. I think they should make a new announcement post and not just update an old one.

@softech wrote:

-------------------- 

There was some discussion about this a few threads with questions about number porting earlier in the day.   This and the change in the way that the SIM cards are changed are new.

Need Help? Let's chat.