cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Subscriber, No LTE in Pickering Area?

jp4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have just activeated within the past couple days.  So far, I am only able to see the 3G network, although since subscribing I have only been in and around the Pickering area.  Using an Iphone 6 and LTE is turned on.  Is this nomal,  I am not experincing any service issues, was just expecting the LTE network.

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That's great, @jp4!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp4

Well, the issue was with me.  I realized only today my data was not working since switching from koodo (was almost always in wifi past day or so).  As soon as I modified the APN settings, as referenced in the SIM Activation Confirmation email, bang, phone switched to LTE, and of course data is working. 

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @jp4 , not sure if you have tried doing a full power down of the phone(ie. reboot) but might be worth a shot and is fairly straightforward. There have been examples in the past here where that has fixed the issue!

cheers 

@jp4 that actually is very strange. Public is using exact same tower as the Koodo SIM did

Maybe temporary interference or tower load is effecting it 

jp4

Hi, the phone originated from Telus.  It is also currently in an ulocked state...the unlocking was performed by Telus.  The wierd part is I was with Koodo prior to joining PM, and with the Koddo sim I was getting LTE in my area.  Now I cannot get the phone to join LTE.  

I  have not traveled much since activating, maybe within 5km range.  I suspect an LTE site maybe down in the area.  Despite no LTE service has been fine.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Pickering will have LTE support

First question is what type of iPhone 6 do you have? (depending on origin there are different LTE bands supported)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

Second question is have you tried moving around? (its possible your home/work has limited coverage due to interference etc)

Need Help? Let's chat.