cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card

ANur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How I can buy a new sim card from public mobile?

4 REPLIES 4

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hi @ANur 

DO NOT buy directly from Public Mobile. It can take up to 3-4 weeks to get in the mail.

You can purchase one at a local Telus store, just call a head first to see if they have one. It's about $10

Or you can purchase off of Amazon. AMAZON  $4.99

I disagree with this.  While it isn't impossible to take 3 to 4 weeks, it won't take that long in the vast majority of cases.  Back in 2020, mail was often delayed by 2 to 3 weeks, and I know this because I had sent a pacakge that got stuck for 3 weeks at a Canada Post plant.  I shared that information and started advising customers that they should be expecting SIM cards to arrive in about 3 weeks for some cases.  Today, that mail backlog no longer exists (at least not to that extent).  I have ordered Public Mobile SIM cards several times before and the longest amount of time that they have ever taken is 3 businesss days before they shipped it with arrival usually being a day or two later.  I'll admit that Public Mobile is bad at infroming customers of the actual shipment status, but even regular mail by Canada Post takes only a one week to most of the country most of the time.  While Amazon Prime shipping is usually very fast, it would be fair to compare lettermail to a shipping/delviery service that is advertised as 1 to 2 days.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ANur 

DO NOT buy directly from Public Mobile. It can take up to 3-4 weeks to get in the mail.

You can purchase one at a local Telus store, just call a head first to see if they have one. It's about $10

Or you can purchase off of Amazon. AMAZON  $4.99

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ANur 

you can get a Public Mobile sim card from

chr15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi @ANur 

You can purchase one within your account. If you go to the "Subscriptions & Add-On" page, you'll see a section to "Shop a SIM Card". This may take the longest as it could take upwards of 3 weeks to ship to you. 

You can also call up your local Telus/Koodo store to see if they carry PM Sim cards.

Alternatively, you can purchase them on Amazon. 

Need Help? Let's chat.