cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card already used

Fr10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New SIM card with receipt but impossible to get help and card cannot be actived!  No possibility to know what happed to the card. No one really cared expect just buy a new one. What a shame!

14 REPLIES 14

Fr10

@darlicious

I think the same. Happy to do business elsewhere now!

"I have always questioned walart's policy of photocopying the sim card # as a giant invasion of privacy and the risk it presents with fraudulent ports and simjacking"

@Fr10 

I have always questioned walart's policy of photocopying the sim card # as a giant invasion of privacy and the risk it presents with fraudulent ports and simjacking.

@J_PM 

What is pm's response to Walmart's policy and the loss of a customer because the moderators refused to back up a pm product? I find this was an unacceptable response by pm and fully understand why @Fr10 took their business elsewhere.

Fr10

SIM card was intact but they took a photocopy of the back of the package. Probably to activate without telling and make a commission. I think both Walmart and PM are not honest. They all prefer not to investigate. I will keep it with receipt for a future complaint and investigation.The fact that PM keep saying you can buy just the SIM card at Walmart but the stores keep saying no is enough to show they don't treat properly their customers. Anyway we ended going with another company..

@Fr10 

I am not a fan of walmart and your experience just reinforces my opinion. While most retailers indeed have a no return, refund or exchange policy on sim cards. Most retailers also have a customer satisfaction guarantee and would exchange the sim card as a gesture of good will on a case by case basis.This isn't buyers remorse you were sold a defective product or a used one at the very least.

I would probably continue up the food chain with my complaint increasing my leverage with a BBB complaint, the chamber of commerce, consumer affairs, you name it but at the same time its walmart who puts profits above all else.....so while not an acceptable business practice I would chalk this up as a $10 lesson learned to never shop at walmart again.

When you purchased the sim card was it intact? Firmly secured to the surrounding pm card stock? Or was the sim card easily slipped out of the side pocket of the pm card jacket? If your card came pristine then it's possible that a typo was imparted when activating a similarily sequenced sim card.

What I don't understand  is why the moderators (pm) are being so resistant in offering a credit in your account once activated as its pretty much industry standard for the provider to replace a  defective  sim carď as its a well known fact that sim cards have up to a 10% percent failure rate straight from the factory floor.....Did the moderators investigate the history of the sim card and its possible user?

I would purchase a new sim card and save the reciept. Activate new ew  mñ sim card and open a new support ticket or send a private message to the moderators and explain the situatiom I hope that a new moderator will see sense and just add the credit to your account once you submit your reciept.

At least that's the way it should go unless you want to bring it up with @J_PM ?!!

@Fr10  try to go back and let they activate for you.  Some had bad experience with Walmart, but my friends and family had multiple activations with Walmart before and all have no issue, in fact great experience.     They usually would give out the SIM for free if you activate with them.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fr10 

I would say this is Walmart responsibility for selling you a invalid PM SIM because they are the last point of sale.

I would suggest you talk to the manager of the store…there is a picture of the manager at the entrance of the store.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fr10 wrote:

When I came back they said they never sell without activation and refused to exchange even with the receipt.

Did you walk out of that Walmart with a SIM and they didn't make you activate? Did you then try to activate yourself online?

Have you inserted the SIM into an unlocked, compatible phone? Does anything work? Have you paid any money other than the $10 for the SIM?

@Fr10...these guys have sim cards for about $5 and known to be fast shiiping / honourable place to buy. If you're near the GTA, they have pick-up option.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

Fr10

Yes did contact Moderators and a Supervisor here.. All said deal with Walmart... No SIM card or any credit offered by PM. Also PM said Walmart will sell you a SIM card only but two stores I visited said you always have to activate in store... It's just ridiculous.

@Fr10 wrote:

The error message was something like ''This card cannot be used''. Was bought at Walmart and service very bad. First they didn't want to sell a SIM card without activation in store. We said we just want the SIM card to activate at home and have online promotions for a new line. When I came back they said they never sell without activation and refused to exchange even with the receipt. PM didn't really care because they said the issue had to be solved only with Walmart. So the card was propably activated before. Anyway very pathetic service from Walmart and PM. Never again.

@Fr10 

Walmart has a bad reputation especially if you don't activate in store.  Did you actually contact a moderator here on the forum and they declined to help?  If you explained your situation, some moderators would give you a credit.  YMMV though.  

Fr10

The error message was something like ''This card cannot be used''. Was bought at Walmart and service very bad. First they didn't want to sell a SIM card without activation in store. We said we just want the SIM card to activate at home and have online promotions for a new line. When I came back they said they never sell without activation and refused to exchange even with the receipt. PM didn't really care because they said the issue had to be solved only with Walmart. So the card was propably activated before. Anyway very pathetic service from Walmart and PM. Never again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

or where you buy it you can do exchange.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Fr10 wrote:

New SIM card with receipt but impossible to get help and card cannot be actived!  No possibility to know what happed to the card. No one really cared expect just buy a new one. What a shame!

@Fr10 

Is this a new activation or are you trying to SWAP the SIM number on a current Public Mobile account?

How do you know it is a SIM issue, and not a phone problem?

• Phone could be locked, or
  • blacklisted

Did you try the SIM into another phone?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Fr10 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  More details would be helpful.  

What exactly happened when you tried to activate the SIM card?  What message was shown? Where did you purchase your SIM card?  Did you contact store or dealer? Did you have to purchase another SIM card and it activated properly?

Need Help? Let's chat.