cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rewards?

Tech20000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got a text I was losing my rewards.   News to me!  What does that mean?  Do I lose my $4 a month loyalty and $1 a month refer a friend?  I am getting frustrated with Public Mobile.  Thinking of leaving for a more transparent company.  Thanks everyone!

22 REPLIES 22

Fredthedog1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree it sucks but right now it’s still the best deal I can get so I’ll sick around for now .

Fredthedog1

At the end of the day none of these companies are earn your loyalty. Just go wherever the best deal is .

Fredthedog1

At the end of the day you owe nothing to public mobile . If you find a better deal elsewhere it’s best to go there .

Tech20000

It has been about 2 weeks since my complaint was accepted by CCTS.  Still waiting.....

Duuidz

Yup... time to move on ladies and gents, corporate greed has reared it's ugly face again.

Sleven

Ya unfortunately.
Right now I get 30GB for $29. I use no where near that amount.  I'd be really comfortable on a 10GB plan. There's a lack of plans between 4GB-20GB. 

Tbackes08

I have the exact same issue with savings, but the pricing is still cheaper than any companies I can find.

Shelly1919

I am doing the same thing, I’ll be going to the Freedom Mobile website to activate with them.  I am not even going to port my number.  That’s how done I am with Public Mobile/Telus.  They should have grandfathered the rewards program for existing long time customers. I’ve been a customer for 6 years.

hairtothepie

8 years and all I got was 250 GB of already expired data and 5 points.  🖕 PM

Sleven

Right!?
Currently getting $5 off for loyalty + $2 for Auto Pay. $7x12  $84 off.
Under New Rewards I get...  (29*.05) 1.45 * 12months = 17.4 + 10 (per year)  27.4 pts  = Not even $30.
Time to shop. 

Atmd

The exact thing happened to me too. I had $6 in credits now gone. I'm also frustrated because up until yesterday if I had switched over to the new program on my own, I would have gotten a one-time credit of 5 points. Now I'm left with nothing after over 5 years of being a loyal customer. I also kept checking how much my bill would be after the switch but there was never any way to see that information. Ridiculous. I think I'll be leaving too, the only thing is I don't know where else I can get a plan for less than $20. 😞

Gia219

You will get 5% back in points every $1 you spend on your plan excluding tax. Refer a friend will stay as well as community rewards. You will get 10 points annually as a thank you and 5 ond time points when you login to the dashboard. It can be used to redeem a $15 bill credit or any add-on.

Promisebroken

WE are making progress.  Pblic tried to have my complaint thrown out with CCTS.. They couldn't do it.  See below.  Don't forget to complain to CCTS.

CCTS# COMP-01313174 - Gail - Objection Rejected CCTS:000001440001392

to Gail

Promisebroken_0-1714578874289.png

Dear Gail and Public Mobile,

On April 18, 2024, Public Mobile objected to Gail Dempsey complaint because Public Mobile believes that we did not have the authority to accept the complaint under our Procedural Code. After reviewing the complaint and objection, 
The Objection 

Public Mobile has objected to the customer's complaint further to section 4.3 of the CCTS Procedural Code on the basis that the customer's complaint relates to an upcoming change to their existing rewards program. Public Mobile's objection states that the upcoming change was announced to their customers with a notice sent 30 days before the upcoming change. To demonstrate their position, Public Mobile provided the CCTS with screen captures of the notice sent to their customers.

Our Assessment 

We examined the customer's complaint and Public Mobile's objection to the complaint.

Section 4.3 of the CCTS Procedural Code states that The Commissioner may not direct or require a Participating Service Provider to change any of their policies or practices. Additionally, pricing of products or services fall outside the Commissioner’s scope. As your complaint pertains to a change to their contract, the CCTS confirms that your complaint falls within the scope of the CCTS.

The CCTS cannot accept objections that are based on the merits of the complaint, and such objections will be rejected. A “merit-based objection” is an objection in which the PSP asserts that the complaint should not be accepted by the CCTS because the PSP is allowed to do the action that the customer complained about.

Additionally, The CCTS does not consider the following matters as “pricing of products and service”: billing disputes, contract disputes or changes, price changes, additional charges, and removal of promotional discounts.  For this reason, we are rejecting the objection as your complaint meets the requirement set out by the procedural code.

Sincerely,

CCTS Assessment Team

celinem5121

I'm not impressed with this new points system. That means my phone bill now goes up 5 dollars a month. I'm now switching to Freedom mobile as I write this and just waiting for Public Mobile to port my number. Public mobile just lost a 5+ year customer.

Promisebroken

Please complain at CCTS it only takes 5 minutes.  We were promised that we could stay on the old plan.  I believe this is false advertising.  At least Public will have to answer to someone.

ManikalBC

As if 99.99% of users will end up using much if any of the loyalty data bonus anyway before it ends, what a joke of a "loyalty reward". 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

You will lose your $4 but you keep your referral points 1 points each.

You have to pay your full plan price up front each month with tax. When you save up 15 points then you can redeem $15 towards lowering your bill.

If you change to a lower plan, you will lose the loyalty data right away. So you're stuck between a rock.

Tech20000

Same as me.  Never use my data now as it is. 

When I got the bonus data I was not told it was for loss of my rewards.  Just a "thank-you for your continued loyalty".

Daralama1

I feel the same way. I’m most upset about the loss of my $5 per month loyalty discount. A gift of 30 GB of data that I’ll never use and that expires on a few months in no way makes up for this. I suppose I could shift down to the bare minimum data plan for the next 5 months so that I can actually use the loyalty data. 

cooleh19881

Same

Need Help? Let's chat.