cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Point System?

JustiNation00
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been with Public Mobile since the very beginning. I am now lossing rewards (monthly savings from my bill) I had earned from being a long standing customer. How is this seriously justified? It is an insult. Will definitely be shopping around if nothing is done soon. I am now paying more for the plan I was promised.

12 REPLIES 12

Jess31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are not saving as much but still saving. For me when I factor in friend referrals, PM is still the best price for the plan I am getting at the moment.

Faye8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Totally agree. The new reward program sucks especially for loyal customers. I have been with PM since Sep 2019. I got $5 off for my loyalty with old points system. However, with the new reward system only 10 points for very year no matter how long you have been with PM. And as a loyal customer, we even don't have a qualification to change to the plan $21/month 3GB data at 4G speed. What's the point sticking with PM for a bad data speed and no access for in-person/phone customer services. I used to stick with PM because I got more credits when I stick with PM longer. I will definitely leave if they do not care loyal customers any more.

rel124c41a
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Agree with you 100%. New rewards program is just a cash grab. Public Mobile has turned its back on the customers that built their company.

@Meow wrote:

NOBODY ever promised you anything at PM.

They have small print they can change 'reward' system at any time or remove it at all.

And do not worry! Nothing will be done soon - old - monetary reward is gone and no matter how much we cry and scream old reward systems is NOT coming back.

Hey @Meow 

The ones who are complaining aren't complaining about the Legacy Rewards being disbanded, we're complaining because we EARNED those rewards/credits to our monthly bill and they've taken them away. If there was NO reward system all together, then we don't have a fight to win. However, because they have Public Points, it should be LR = PP. Even system. And that is what the CCTS is for. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

NOBODY ever promised you anything at PM.

They have small print they can change 'reward' system at any time or remove it at all.

And do not worry! Nothing will be done soon - old - monetary reward is gone and no matter how much we cry and scream old reward systems is NOT coming back.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Just to be clear, there are small cases closed already.

No success case so far as we can see PM is pushing ahead with migration 

it is true that some got a "conditional" win for saying they PM didn't give them 30 days notice of the change.  All it means is PM will give them a 30 days notice from that day and their accounts will be migrated as well

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I just wish to clarify something here. The CCTS is still dealing with over 1000 complaints from customers over the loss of their credits. Nobody at this time knows if the folks who lost the credits will be compensated. I do know that people have received back the loyalty data by asking for it back. 😎

but @JustiNation00 none of those complain get people anything.  The Rewards change is going ahead as planned

Max people got is PM has to give a further 30 days notice to some.  At this moment, many already got migrated 

So, better to look ahead, learn what Public Points get you.  Of course, you can check if other give you better deals. But for some, they still pay less than other carriers after factor in the points discount 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @JustiNation00 

We agree with you fully. This is why we've filed a complaint with the CCTS over this loss of earned loyalty credits. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JustiNation00 

Unfortunately, every long time members will be switch over to the Points Reward but remember that the Rewards is a perk. Whereas other carriers don’t even give any perks.

At least you can get a $15 credit when you collected 15 points…I guess it is better than nothing.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JustiNation00  Your not wrong bad move on PM part , as a result expect this change in policy to cost you $60 more a year as a result 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @JustiNation00 sorry it is what it is.  Nothing we can do to change back.  At least we are still earning something 

Need Help? Let's chat.