cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone is SOS

Queena
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a new iphone and switched my SIM card over from my old phone after I transferred everything frozen my old phone and now the new phone is in SOS mode but I am still getting calls and texts on the old phone with no SIM card. 

21 REPLIES 21

HI @Queena 

glad it works.  Happy  Holiday!!

Queena

I did this and it transferred over no problem. 
THANK YOU SO MUCH, I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR HELP!

HI @Queena 

do you want to use esim or physical sim on the new phone?

to use esim, you have to pay $5.   On the new phone, download PM app, login and go to Subscription & add-on page, go to the bottom of the page and click Shop new sim card there and buy esim

if you want to go with physical sim card, I am not sure if the one you have now is new or old.  If new and never used, you can use that.  If old, you have to go to a Telus or Koodo store and pay $10 to buy a new PM sim (or pay $4.99 on Amazon).  After you are set with a new PM sim, login My Account, Profile, click penscil beside the sim number and then change sim card there

Queena

It looks like it is using an e-sim. I am unsure how that happened when I have a physical sim. None the less when I try to transfer he e-sim from the old phone to the new phone it tells me to contact Public Mobile. 

IMG_0005.jpeg

HI @Queena 

sound like that old phone was using eSIM, if not, it won't magically able to get calls and text without a sim card

pleae check the sim manager or the cellular screen of that old phone

Queena

The SIM DOES NOT work in any other phone but somehow the old phone (with no SIM in it) is getting calls and texts. 

HI @Queena if Telus sim work, the phone is good on PM for sure, lock would not be an issue

you said the "problematic" PM sim works on another phone?

I think the only thing you can try now is to reset the phone and reset up with the PM sim card inside

if that does not work still, and if that "problematic" PM sim works on another phone, you have to check with Apple support instead of PM.  

Queena

IMG_0007.jpeg

Queena

It is an iPhone. I tried with a Telus SIM and got service. This is what I see for carrier…

IMG_0006.jpeg

HI @Queena 

and confirm if the iPhone is locked

Open Settings > General > About, 

Scroll down to the  Network Provider Lock section. If the iPhone is unlocked, it should say that there is No SIM restrictions. But if you see a different status, this means that the iPhone is locked.

Queena

Yes the SIM number and IMEI match 

@Queena wrote:

I have tried another SIM in the phone and get service instantly. I will try resetting again. 

HI @Queena 

is that a PM sim card you test with? or another carrier?  if another carrier, which one?

and you have an iPhone, right? you updated the iOS? Carrier profile updated?

Queena

I tried even tried to transfer the number over and this is what it tells me. 

IMG_0005.jpegthis is looking like I will be losing money, ending my subscription and going elsewhere. This is ridiculous. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Queena 

That is strange that you are getting calls and text without a SIM. 
If you are getting SOS on the new iPhone, the iPhone is not reading the SIM card. Does the IMEI number on the SIM tray match the IMEI of the iPhone?

@Queena  .please submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Queena

I have reset everything I’m getting nowhere. I can’t even submit a ticket because I keep getting the 404 error when I try to submit. 

IMG_0003.jpeg

Queena

I have tried another SIM in the phone and get service instantly. I will try resetting again. 

HI @Queena 

that's good, your phone is clean

Since your sim still work on another phone, it is not something PM support can help, I don't think it is wise to submit ticket at this time

First, update your phone with the latest OS first, And then click Reset All networks on the phone.

if it is an iPhone, make sure Carrier profile is updated

and do you have another active sim card to test?  It can still be a defective phone itself.  If two different active sim give you the same SOS, it is a defective one

Queena

IMG_0002.jpeg

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Queena try resetting network settings or try the sim  card in another phone to see if it works . Otherwise you will need to contact  customer support agents 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Queena 

look like  a problem with the phone.  Did you buy the phone privately , like via eBay or marketplace? check if the phone is blacklisted here

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.