cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PM number associated with another apple id

Sluggo2528
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a new PM number with eSim.

I want to change my setting to send texts and Imessages from new number but I cannot register the new number with my Apple ID as it says the number is already associated with another Apple ID.

How does this get rectified?

5 REPLIES 5

@Sluggo2528 

look like you have to open ticket with Apple support

but if you don't care your current number, how about request another phone number and hope for better luck?

Sluggo2528

I logged into Apple ID and tried to deregister and it replied "It looks like the phone number you provided is not registered with iMessage. Please verify the number and try again." When I try to add the new number to my Apple ID i get "This number is already in use with another account"

Sluggo2528

You cant remove the number from Imessage settings as it could never be added in the first place. This is what the problem is - it says it is registered with another account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sluggo2528 

if the number was used before and the other owner didn't deregister it properly, please use this link to first deregister it (follow the steps on part 2 of the page "No longer have your iPhone?" )   , then wait 15 mins and register it on your phone

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sluggo2528 

did you try to remove the number from iMessage settings first, then reboot and enter the number again

Need Help? Let's chat.