cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Iphone not connecting to network

Luap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend gave me her old Iphone XS. When I insert my sim card into the new phone it simply reads SOS only. The only error I can find on the new phone is under the about section in settings. Under physical sim it says network "not available" and when I expand that it just says "phone not allowed". 

My sim card still works with the original phone. I have factory reset the new phone multiple times. I have reset the network settings multiple times. I took the phone to apple and to Telus (the previous provider of the phone). They have said the phone is unlocked but haven't been able to confirm anything else. Telus tried multiple different sims including some with their own network but were unable to connect to any network. 

Any ideas to further correct this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

Luap

Thank you I will contact my friend. 

@Luap   you have to go back to your friend and ask why it was blacklisted

usually , it is blacklisted because the owner lost the phone and requested carrier to put it on the blacklist.

Or the person failed to make payment to the phone (phone was on lease) or failed to make payment with the carrier.  For this , your friend needs to settle with the carrier and have the carrier to remove it from the blacklist

For you, nothing you nor PM nor Apple can do.  It is strictly something the original owner of the phone (your friend, unless he also bought it from someone else) and the carrier who put it on the blacklist can settle it

Luap

The phone is indeed blacklisted, what are the next steps?

Luap

The phone is indeed blacklisted, now what do i do?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Luap   you friend was using it right before he gave you?

If Apple cannot fixes it, neither Telus.  If you Factory reset the phone already, if you tested mutiple sims and none work, I think the phone was blacklisted.  Check using the link provided by @softech 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Luap   can you have your friend to test his sim card on this phone again?

Check if the phone is blacklisted here:
https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.