cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ESIM activation fail, I actually need a physical sim card

LenVu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just sign up and was confident the phone was ESIM compatible but it wasn't, now I need a physical sim card, how can I proceed with getting a new sim under the new activation deal (sim fee $0)

Thanks, 

13 REPLIES 13

@LenVuYour phone is not designed for Canadian market.  It will work but won't be great on any network.  You won't get stable connection and you will miss calls or have data issue.  I would suggest you to use another phone instead 

hi @LenVu I think so, you don't want many dropped calls.

Do you have another phone??

at this point, PM likely can still provide refund 

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LenVu

So the Samsung A22 won't work regardless on PM, no point of getting a sim card? 

@LenVu  A22 does not have enough compatible bands with PM.  It is not VoLTE compatible with PM and it lacks one of two 3G bands for voice.  4G bands for data. not enough as well

A22 has these bands (BOLD are compatible bands)

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41

PM bands

E-Band-Frequency.jpg

You should consider using another phone if you are coming to PM 

@LenVu 

Just checked, sorry not eSIM compatible.

Hi @LenVu PM is correct, A22 does not have eSIM support 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@LenVu wrote:

the new activation deal (sim fee $0)

Since you already tried to activate with eSIM but it did not work, most likely you used your 'free SIM' offer.

I would suggest to contact agent ASAP, explain situation and ask for (free) physical SIM. Agent might send you one or worst case scenario will tell you you already used your bonus and have to buy actual SIM card.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly: send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+) Here

LenVu

Samsung A22.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LenVu 

What is the make and model of your phone?

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LenVu  You could try to contact the CS Agent to see if they would send you a SIM and if not you'd have to buy one.  Some times they go for $5 on Amazon otherwise they're $10.  YOu can reach out to CS Agent at this link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LenVu you checked the Sim Manager on the phone and the Public Mobile eSim not there?? ( on iPhone, check Settings > Cellular )

For physical sim, get it from 

Once you got the sim card, message support and ask them to update it for you

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

LenVu

I did and chosen the esim activation process and it popup an error the phone is not esim compatible, is there an option to switch to physical sim card being deliver? I don't have the phone with me but will soon. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@LenVu 

download free PM app to start the activation process.

Need Help? Let's chat.