cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Questions

lidandlar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched from Koodo to Public Mobile yesterday and had a few questions. I want to switch my number over from Koodo to Public Mobile, so I messaged the Moderator Team but no one responded.

One other question is whether or not my old plan was automatically cancelled when I signed up with Public Mobile or not.

Thank you!

Alida Vandermolen

7 REPLIES 7

@lidandlarYes it should be closed and SIM card deactivated.

lidandlar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, it worked and I got my old number back!

One other question, now that I ported my old number, will my old Koodo account be cancelled automatically?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@lidandlarI assume you have a temporary number now and also a selfserve account setup? You can initiate the port, fill in all the information.. then get a Moderator to intervene.. that will reduce the back and forth required.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GR wrote:

If you were with Koodo prepaid it has to be the moderators that port your number. If it's postpaid you can do it from self serve. Keep your Koodo account active until the port and when the port is complete it will automatically close your account. The wait time for a moderator to reply is 48 to 72 hours so be patient.  You can also keep using your Koodo Sim card until the port is complete!  Welcome to public mobile! 

Ninja'd again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lidandlar, if you are on Koodo postpaid, you can do the porting on the self serve.  This link provides an excellent illustration of the process.  See step 4.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lidandlar wrote:

I just switched from Koodo to Public Mobile yesterday and had a few questions. I want to switch my number over from Koodo to Public Mobile, so I messaged the Moderator Team but no one responded.

One other question is whether or not my old plan was automatically cancelled when I signed up with Public Mobile or not.

Thank you!

Alida Vandermolen

The @CS_Agent  takes 48-72 hours to replay as of late, your other account will remain active until they help you port the number since only they can due to the system, do not close your other account before porting, you will lose your number.

GR
Mayor / Maire

If you were with Koodo prepaid it has to be the moderators that port your number. If it's postpaid you can do it from self serve. Keep your Koodo account active until the port and when the port is complete it will automatically close your account. The wait time for a moderator to reply is 48 to 72 hours so be patient.  You can also keep using your Koodo Sim card until the port is complete!  Welcome to public mobile! 

Need Help? Let's chat.