cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Canada USA plan

Westcoast123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. I have the new Canada, USA plan. I live on Vancouver Island and I'm still roaming to USA on regular public mobile network. I turned roaming on and have 180mb data so super fast but just went through 1.5 Gb in 3 mins. I didn't think that would happen so what's going on?

11 REPLIES 11

@MD250 wrote:

Can you roam on the Rogers network between Sooke and Port Renfrew like Telus and Koodo can?

Public Mobile customers cannot use Candian roaming networks.

Markaps

I don't know, as I have never tried it.

MD250
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you roam on the Rogers network between Sooke and Port Renfrew like Telus and Koodo can?

Markaps

I have experienced this Between Sooke and Jordan River.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Where are you in Victoria that you are constantly connecting to the US?  Are you in James Bay or out in Metchosin?  I am in Colwood and experienced this yet

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Westcoast123

I switched my plan today. I've just turned phone on and off and data is way better now. Not roaming even though I have it on but says public not US network. As typing its switched to USA again. I've used .5mb since we started chatting. Thx. I know nothing about phones. 

No. Roaming doesn't create increase. I'd suggest downloading an app that monitors your data usage to see exactly what is using your data. Just something to help keep an eye on things.

self solution removed

Westcoast123

Thx . I'll keep an eye on it and reply if needed 

Westcoast123

Just using my subscription data page. I keep refreshing it to see how much is being used every few minutes.  I did go on line to look at web for a bit and lots of data used so is roaming causing the increase?. No video watched. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

What were you watching? Plus, the data stats aren't accurate. They are updated twice a day. Usually just past midnight. So the stats you're probably reading are for the last 12 hours. 

Curious though. How do you know it was 1.5GB in 3 minutes? Are you using an app to monitor it?

Need Help? Let's chat.