cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation without sim

Cora50
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI WAS WONDERING HOW TO BUY A PREPAID PLAN AND PAY FOR IT NOW BEFORE PROMO IS GONE WAITING O SIM CARD IN MAIL IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS THEN WHEN SIM CARD ARRIVES ACTIVATE THE SIM CARD WITH THE PLAN I CHOSE AND PAID FOR?

11 REPLIES 11

punoo

Just activate with the new unused pm whatever SIM you have in hand in your aap with the plan you are talking about already pre paid. The sim they have send you and in transit, when receive just keep it for future. 

@Cora50  Yes you should only pay the once . And plan won’t start until you activate no worries . 

HI @Cora50 

yup, you won't pay twice. 

As said above basically you pay now and choose to pickup sim card

once you got the sim card, you just login back to the app and it will ask you to enter sim card number, won't pay again

or if you want to be save, just open ticket with CS agent to ask them to enter the sim card number for you

Cora50

OK THATS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO ASK BECAUSE WHEN I DO PAY I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO PAY AGAIN WHEN MY SIM CARD ARRIVES SEEN TOO MANY POSTS ON HERE AND NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR PUBLIC MOBILE IF THE SERVICE DONT WORK ONCE I ACTIVATE MY SIM FOR THE PLAN I CHOSE AND PAID FOR

@Cora50  Yes have you not picked plan and been charged yet ?? First part of creating account is every safe and picking plan and pay . So you will be charged upfront but plan won’t start untill you actually activate the sim on the app when you receive it 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cora50 

Pick a SIM from your local Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik store or you can select an eSIM if your phone is eSIM compatible.

You can sell or give the SIM away to a friend or family but tell them to use your referral code so they can receive a $10 credit and you will receive 1 point/ month on your account.

Hi @Cora50 

Yes, you activate first and ask to get the sim via pickup or delivery.  Once you have the sim , login the app and add the sim card number or ask agent to help

So, what you can do now is purchase a plan, with the sim, select physical and choose to pickup or deliver (better to pickup)

Cora50

I ALREADY SET UP AN EVERSAFE ID AND DOWNLOADED THE APP BUT WHAT IM ASKING IS CAN YOU PURCHASE A PLAN NOW WITHOUT A SIM CARD AND WHEN MY SIM CARD ARRIVES HOW TO ACTIVATE IT FOR THE PLAN I ALREADY BOUGHT?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Cora50 

you can take advantage of the deal by activate and choose to  let it send you or pickup in store.

Once you activated and paid and choose to get the sim card via one of the 2 ways above the plan will be locked in

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cora50  Just sign up and create account with plan  you want and when you get the SIM card delivered to you . You then finish  the activation on the PM APP 

@Cora50 wrote:

HI WAS WONDERING HOW TO BUY A PREPAID PLAN AND PAY FOR IT NOW BEFORE PROMO IS GONE WAITING O SIM CARD IN MAIL IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS THEN WHEN SIM CARD ARRIVES ACTIVATE THE SIM CARD WITH THE PLAN I CHOSE AND PAID FOR?

To accomplish that, the order for plan and SIM card would need to be placed at the publicmobile.ca website.

Need Help? Let's chat.