cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 90 day phone plan $34/Month 50GB

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey community,   This seems like a recent development but there is a new plan available to all customers. For anybody that missed out on the Black Friday promotion, or was disappointed with the Boxing Day "promotions", this is for you. I managed to schedule a plan change to a $34/month 50GB 5G unlimited 90 day subscription. I took some screenshots from the app. I didn't think to check how the self-serve looks from a computer. Please note that in the app it does not indicate that it is a 90 day eligible subscription until you click on it. I don't mind paying upfront to have a larger data bucket, and I'm certain that there are others who would feel the same way. "Don't get left out in the cold"!

Edit: Don't forget to change on renewal

1000065218.jpg

1000065221.jpg

1000065231.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

AllT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the heads up great deal 

JohnB1970

Thanks my gf and I just switched over to this since we seen your post thanks again! We were thinking about it for a few days and decided why not we payed up front which is ok but won’t have to worry about paying until May 🙂 thanks again for posting this we came across your post and immediately changed our plans! Thanks for helping us out! We aren’t on the old rewards program we are new customers since September of 2023 so we never heard of this old rewards program 🙂

mitchnet12

Rest assured, you will remain on the legacy reward system by changing to a different subscription. I've lost count of how many different subscriptions that I have changed to in the last 9 months without any issues.

It is worth mentioning that your friend referral and loyalty rewards will continue to be issued every 30 days but the autopay reward is issued at the end of the 90 days. With that in mind, it's still a good deal.

vortexmeter

Just switched...I am a long-time customer and on the old points rewards system which I assume will remain the same as it did not indicate that I would be moved to the new points system?  I would be really p/o'd if it moved me to the new points system without notification!

mitchnet12

@095179005  is correct. 90 days plans may seem like a bait and switch tactic, but it's legit. It's important to point out that Public Mobile is pre-paid and non-refundable.

Check the forum frequently as the community of customers are often posting tips to help others with notable offers and technical solutions. Apart from being a self-serve platform, Public Mobile does offer good value for the money.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The difference between the 30 day plan and 90 day plan has to do with billing cycle.

Once you subscribe to the plan it never expires.

So you can pay $40 monthly or $102 every 90 days until PM goes bankrupt.

Canuk007

So is the $34/mth just for 90days then it goes up to $40/mth ?

or does it stay at $34/ after 90days ? - it is not totally clear  in PM post

Switching from the $25 1GB 3g plan. With the old rewards $20 is nice but 50GB of 5g for $34 not including rewards is a nice value.

Edison16

found it! Mea culpa. Screenshots REALLY helped. Thank you 

@Edison16 wrote:

Not finding this anywhere on the site. All I see is $40 a month with $2 per month of points (which I think can be used for add ons, so limited value). Is the $34 offer still available somewhere?

The $102 plan that includes 150GB over 90 days is available in Self Serve for all existing customers. You'll need to first select the $40/50GB 30-day plan. After doing that, there will be an option to take the $102 90-day plan.

Edison16

Not finding this anywhere on the site. All I see is $40 a month with $2 per month of points (which I think can be used for add ons, so limited value). Is the $34 offer still available somewhere?

mitchnet12

Hi @TNT420  you can change on renewal to avoid starting a new billing cycle, which in your case would be Feb 29. If you select change now, you will not be credited for the days not used in your current cycle.

I am on the old rewards system but I think your points will be awarded every 30 days, including friend referrals. Most of my rewards are issued every 30 days, with the exception of the auto pay, which is issued at 90 days.

TNT420

I just joined Jan 1 and have the $40 75G plan. I realized after I got it that I really only need 50G a month. 

If I switch to this now do I pay $104 now or at end of my current billing cycle on Feb 29

Do you still get 200 points a month even if it’s $34 a month technically? Do you get them all up front?

Loving PM so far and plan on switching my senior parents over once their tabs on the carriers are done. 

Thanks!

mitchnet12

@wetcoaster  It's unfortunate that the 90 day plan option isn't as clear to find from a web browser. Thank you for sharing!

Jedi1

I just saw this.  I got the $34/40gb for Black Friday and think I will likely stay with it but it is nice to see this option.  

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@mitchnet12 wrote:

I took some screenshots from the app. I didn't think to check how the self-serve looks from a computer. Please note that in the app it does not indicate that it is a 90 day eligible subscription until you click on it.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 11.50.44.png

Screenshot 2024-02-02 11.52.37.png

Amped

I just switched to this from the $34/m 40GB plan.  Looking forward to more data and the flexibility to use it over 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.