cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5G phone

Darham77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a new phone I want to use with my existing PM account and with existing SIM CARD. My current plan is a 3G plan, my new phone is Galaxy A53 and I beleive it is a 5G phone. I put my SIM CARD in and phone does not register on the network, do I need to upgrade my subscription to a 5G to fix this problem?

8 REPLIES 8

TL7

I'm on the 3G plan with a 5G phone, I sometimes get 5G in certain locations. Make sure you switch it on in the phone's settings. 

@Darham77 

are you not in Canada or you are using VPN?

try accessing the site from another computer, of course, make sure no VPN is used and you are connected from Canada

Darham77

20240225_025022.jpg

 this is what showed up when I used that link you provided, no idea what that means because I am in NS, Canada. I checked earlier and whatever site/tool i used said that it was not blacklisted

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Darham77 

did you buy the phone from Samsung or from trusted source?

check if the phone is clean first:
https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@BKNS27 wrote:

ou will need a 5G plan to have 5G but the Samsung phone may not indicate 5G on the phone but you can confirm by doing a speed test on the phone.

The above isn't correct.  a 5G plan isn't required to use the 5G network.

@Darham77 wrote:

I have a new phone I want to use with my existing PM account and with existing SIM CARD. My current plan is a 3G plan, my new phone is Galaxy A53 and I beleive it is a 5G phone. I put my SIM CARD in and phone does not register on the network, do I need to upgrade my subscription to a 5G to fix this problem?

All Public Mobile plans gives access to the same networks. There is no requirement to change your price plan.

Darham77

Maybe I should of mentioned, I did restart, I did full power off, I reset network settings, I toggled airplane mode off and on, I checked and phone is not black listed, I tried to check if it is compatible on PM but their page is down when it redirects me,

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Darham77 

Reboot the phone by powering off then back on to connect to PM network. You will need a 5G plan to have 5G but the Samsung phone may not indicate 5G on the phone but you can confirm by doing a speed test on the phone.

If you stick with the 3G plan, you will be on 3G with tge 5G phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.