cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5G $40 at 30GB plan for new customers

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is a new plan availableCapturepublic.JPG but only to new customers.

16 REPLIES 16

JayLo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Holy smokes!! Didn’t know this existed. That would be great, as long as issues with thief network have been addressed. 

JayLo

It is unfortunate that this promotion is only available for new activations… not to current, loyal customers. I’m not impressed at all by this; seems very unfair to me. No point in submitting a ticket to a CSA as I am still waiting for PM to honour the 3 monthly ‘refer a friend’   reward points. PM has been decent to use but customer service is dismal. 

Priority

@dust2dust @DennyCrane, I had just seen someone else make that recommendation before so I wasn't sure if it would work or not but I've seen it talked about a little around here. 

They may or may not do it, your correct. All depends on the Agent and experience level.

@dust2dust I was just going to ask the same thing. As far as I'm aware number swapping is not a thing. I remember back in the day you could sometimes convince Telus to do it, but it involved a complex process with a temp number, and you had to find the right rep that knew what they were doing and were willing. I very much doubt you'd have much luck with that at PM.

@Priority- You've offered this idea of moving numbers around a couple times now. This is not a procedure support is allowed to do. It's very much your mileage may vary if they do. I would add something saying that there's only a slight chance they might.

Priority

@Tom191 Yes, you are able to get it during sign up and Activation only.

Once The Account has been created and set up with a different Plan, the $40 • 30GB is no longer an available option within 'Change Subscription' section even if it's a new Account, so you can only get the plan if you select it during the initial sign up process.

You could also get it for your current number by making a new Account with a temporary number, and than having Public bring/Port or carry the number over from your Current Account to the new one you just made with this Promotion Plan (closing the previous one.). - Keep in mind if you do this you'd lose any current rewards, available funds, and friend referral credits which might be applied to your current and existing Account.

Tom191

Do you have any update on your new account and were you able to get the $40 for 30GB? I am also planning to open a new account today.   

Priority

Update: the $40 for 30GB did show as available when Activating a new Account. 

After the Account setup was complete the Plan was not an option anymore. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Once again, I wish PM would step up and match Freedom Mobile's $99 for unlimited talk and text Canada wide with 50GB a year. That would be HUGE!!!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@mojorising 

Thanks for the heads up I just scheduled a change plan on next renewal for a referral. But it would be nice to have the $40/30gb plan available for current customers. However that doesn't help their ARPU so we will see if that changes.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This plan is #7 in value for data out of 10 plan options.

mojorising wrote:

I wonder if this has anything to do with Freedom Mobile also having a new plan offer that expires on August 28.i

HI @mojorising 

possible, I think Back to School time, more good flash sales

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Good find. Nice bump to 40GB on the $45 plan. Anyone currently in the 30GB version of that plan will want to schedule a change at renewal time into the new version. 

mojorising

I wonder if this has anything to do with Freedom Mobile also having a new plan offer that expires on August 28.Capturepb2.JPGi

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

mojorising wrote:

There is a new plan availableCapturepublic.JPG but only to new customers.

Thanks @mojorising  for the info.  but only the $40 - 30GB is for new activation only.  I see $45 and $50 in my own My Account for plan change

Priority

Yes, so It does appear to be for New Activations Only, I was entirely unaware of this new Flash deal. I see it on the Website for MB however I do not see it in the Selection when changing the Plan within 'My Account'. 

I have a Friend Referral coming in one hour, I'll keep you all posted and let you know if I see the $40 • 30GB Limited 5G Plan in the Subscription Selection when signing her up and I'll report back. 

I'm very impressed with the price of this new Plan, hopefully it gets extended and also offered to New Activations at some point.

Screenshot_20230825_131002_Samsung Internet.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.