cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 15$ plan no longer includes text/ picture messaging?

rikirby1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the original 15$ plan no longer available? I noticed today if I go to make a plan change I can change my current 15$ plan to another 15$ plan. However the new 15$ plan no longer lists text/picture messages as being included.15Plan.jpg15Plan2.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

@J_PM- But can you state here that the $15 plan is the familiar 100 minutes outgoing/unlimited incoming? The problem is that that is not mentioned anywhere leaving people to wonder. It just says 100 minutes. Which 100 minutes? In? Out? Total?

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@dabr  the team is working on including these details in both locations.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM    Confirmation from management is appreciated but is there any reason why those details cannot be just added to the plan details (both in My Account and Plans page) to lessen confusion for existing and prospective customers for this plan..

edit:  also the missing incoming minutes component.

@J_PM- While you're confirming things, can you confirm that the $15 plan is 100 minutes outgoing and unlimited incoming calling? It only says 100 minutes.

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey @rikirby1  thank you for sharing. Confirming text message is still included in the $15 plan. 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes I meant gas lighting. 

@Grinch wrote:

Inconsistent, disconnected information on Public's various areas of content. Too bad information didn't have a better relationship connection around here.

Is the above called lamp lighting? 

@Grinch - i don't know what this is 🤣  I thought you meant gas lighting.

I simply meant, Public sometimes has unclear information displayed on their websites. And sometimes where things are listed as one way in one area, it differs in another area (making things conflicting or confusing).

methrat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im pretty sure this is just an error I seen it removed on the 5G 50 gig plan and then it was there the next day probably getting sorted out 

@Grinch wrote: yup still  recording in excel. None of the downloads are good to copy and paste. Can’t even delimit lines to cells any more. Downloads are in chunky paragraphs vs one line per. 

@Grinch - I know, it s*$Ks!

@Grinch wrote: Haha you must know me from another community name. 

Yeah, I read something you wrote recently in a post making the 'reveal'. 😁

Grinch

Haha you must know me from another community name. 

yup still  recording in excel. None of the downloads are good to copy and paste. Can’t even delimit lines to cells any more. Downloads are in chunky paragraphs vs one line per. 

@Grinch wrote:

And now we are charged in one charge of $15 that includes unlimited outbound? Wow, what do I do with all the $5 500 minute add ons. 🤔😀🤔

@Grinch - I did notice the 'one-liner' now on the charge of the whole plan. Are still downloading in excel? Man, with each upgrade, I need to upgrade too! Not as easy as it was a couple years ago.

Grinch

@esjliv 

Lol. Maybe we do and that’s more so why they are down playing the $15 plan. 
For the $25 plan we used to get billed:

$5 for? ….. the 100 minutes?

and $10 for?  …..system access?

And now we are charged in one charge of $15 that includes unlimited outbound? Wow, what do I do with all the $5 500 minute add ons. 🤔😀🤔

Inconsistent, disconnected information on Public's various areas of content. Too bad information didn't have a better relationship connection around here.

Is the above called lamp lighting? 

@Grinch wrote:

This should cover your text messaging/pictures issue. 

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 7.36.13 AM.png

While this covers the texting/picture messaging, which is great; that 2nd sentence says my $15 (well, it says All Public Mobile subscriptions) should be 'unlimited Canada-wide minutes' - 😅

edit, forgot to tag @Grinch 

esjliv_0-1686507835350.png

History would say otherwise 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If that's what it states - then if not already implemented, I suspect that it most likely will be in the future. Also noticed that the 3G plans are nowhere to be found on the computer app but still shown on phone app as you indicated.  

Grinch

This should cover your text messaging/pictures issue. 

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 7.36.13 AM.png

I have been with PM for over 3 years. Any website upgrade has been a mess and always includes missing information  (is it intentional or just sloppy?) or  where the same information is in 2 or 3 places....it won't be the same. MY ACCOUNT used to show EXACTLY what I was subscribed to, and that too was dropped. I feel somewhere that your My Account should reflect exactly what you are paying for. Changes definitely affect your trust in the product that you are buying.  

But rest assure....the Telus websites are far from perfect too. 

I do feel, though, that how the $15 plan is currently displayed as, is intentional, to deter new customers. And PM used to have a Details box to click and it would tell all...but no more. 

Another more important thing is unlimited  inbound calls no longer shows. Perhaps that could be in the overall statement about ALL plans.  

frostyfire22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It does! It's not listed on the plan for some reason.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Here's the thing, @rikirby1 

They are selectively trying to get folks to see that plan as less favorable over higher-data 4G and 5G plans.

They've been tweaking the wording and omitting key parts of it's offerings over the last couple of years to coax some into believing it isn't as valuable as it might be for some.

Best to check here (ask around) before making plan choice decisions.  😉

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I'm sure it's just another case of poor quality control their website content. You could message @CS_Agent to verify, but I'd be shocked if they changed that. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@rikirby1 ,

“Updated from CS_Agent:

Hello,  I am delighted to assist you today!

Here are the details of the $15 plan and what is included:

*100 outgoing Canada-wide minutes and Unlimited incoming Canada-wide minutes

*Unlimited International text and Picture Messaging

*250 MB 

*data speed 3G                                               

Kindly,
CS_Agent”

Edit: CS_Agents have been known to be wrong at times though!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rikirby1   $15 plan has long to be missing features in the descriptions but those "hidden" features are there.   Like unlimited incoming calls is not said on your current plan, too but they are there

While i do not think the features are gone, but we never know, maybe you can open ticket with PM support to confirm

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hmm, I hope that's an error. I will report it to them and see if it's actually removed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.