cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never got an email to set up esim, paid for it but no way to set it up

joyceloyst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently started up my PM account but had issues porting over from telus. I purchased an esim last week and still had issues connecting. I contacted Telus today and they said the issue with the port may have been on their end and confirmed the port was finished and sent me an email. The issue is they asked me to remove the esim and readd it because I wasn't getting connection to public mobile.

Now that I've removed the esim I have zero way of setting it up again, I have been waiting for support to reply, I've checked my email, I've checked my account. There is no way to add the previous purchased esim at all. The only way is to buy another one?

I'm started to regret this decision. 

5 REPLIES 5

@joyceloyst 

as a last resort, use this link to send a message to Customer Support to see if they can assist. Give them as much account info as you have ie: acct #, ph #, name on acct etc.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Request that your concern be escalated asap

joyceloyst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Now I've purchased another esim, so there goes another $5 dollars and it is just stuck "activating". It's been well over an hour with no reply from customer service. 

I have the email from telus showing that the port is finished on their end, I've had this PM line for a week and already i've had to pay 10 dollars for 2 esims that seemingly dont work. Now with no support either.

Extremely frustrating. 

Paul215
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@joyceloyst 

May be you could consider buying a physical SIM card. You could buy a PM SIM card at Amazon for $4.99. With Prime delivery it's quite fast.

If you're interested, here is the link:     https://www.amazon.ca/Public-prepaid-postpaid-Activate-Allinone/dp/B06X9ZGDWG

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@joyceloyst did you use the app and got to Step 6 to complete the activation??

if you used the app and got to the end of the activation, there is a chance that the error was there because the Public Mobile esim is already installed and just not properly enabled

On Android:  Check your Sim Card Manager and see if a Public Mobile eSim is there.  If so, make sure it is enabled.  

On iPhone: check Settings > Celluar and see if the eSIM is there.  If it is, make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on

And if the Public Mobile eSIM is there, disable or delete those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim). 
If the non-PM sim is physical, remove it.  If the non-PM sim is an esim, disable using the SIM Manager on the phone (or set as Secondary and turn off "Turn on this line" for this non-PM esim)  

Then reboot the phone and click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@joyceloyst 

yea, you need a new esim now...make sure to download the free PM app for activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.