cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network unlock code needed

marta36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a Samsung J3 that was purchased unlocked at Costco and activated with Public. I now ported my number and when inserting other sim card its asking me for network unlock code which looks like the phone locked to Public.

I can't login to my account as it was deactivated after porting but I do have my account number or you can also find it via my email address.

4 REPLIES 4

marta36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The Samsung locked itself to Public because it was the first sim that was inserted.

But it's all figured out now, I called Samsung support.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@marta36   What was the exact message?

if it is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times, you can contact Samsung for this code:   1-800-726-7864

If it is something like "PIN unlock key (PUK)” , you can open a ticket with PM CS Agent with the chatbot :  Start by typing   "Unlock a phone", then click "Sim card PUK", then click "Contact Us" and  click "Click her to submit a ticket"

Anonymous
Not applicable

@marta36 : Please update us if this is wrong:

You bought a phone and activated service. Plugged in the SIM and it all works. Then you decided to transfer (port) your number from another provider where you would need to confirm the text but you can't now because the phone is locked. Is that about right?

Some Samsung's will lock themselves to the first SIM inserted. You could ask them for the unlock code so that you can confirm (which you have 90 minutes to do) or ask the CSA's here to unlock the phone. I think your best bet is Samsung themselves.

But you'll probably need to re-trigger the transfer request.

If I have all that right 🙂

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

It does not look to me that phone was unlocked in the first place.

Did you use that phone at all before plugging in PM SIM?

Need Help? Let's chat.