cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network speed

bh83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there anyone having issues with network connection changing speed of data where I normally get 5G I sometimes get 3G is anyone else having the same issue? I’ve already reached, and then work settings on my iPhone. I have the $65 5G plan.

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Does it change to 3G only when you are making a phone call while data is turned on?  If so that sounds like a VoLTE issue.  If it just changes randomly I don't know why it would go to 3G.  I have a 5G plan but have my phone set to 5G auto rather than 5G always on.  So mine displays either 5G or LTE depending where I am and/or what I am doing.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Are you saying that your network keeps changing from 5G to 4G to 3G? Or that you're just getting slow speed on the 5G connection?

I find the 5G network inconsistent in my area, and have better luck forcing my phone on 4G/LTE mode. You'll still get higher speeds, but on the 4G network. Maybe not a long term solution for you, but good for troubleshooting.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bh83  Could be just a local issue with the network are you in a 5G area . Can you try SIM card in another phone to test .

Also note there’s 50GB plan for $55 30day right now or 150GB for $150 90 day . Just be sure to change plan for next renewal 

Need Help? Let's chat.