cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network not Registered Issue

meenamoh41
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Two days ago my phone (Samsung) would not let me make phone calls or receive calls and would say that I am not registered to a network. I have had this phone since March of this year and it was working fine. Even after shutting my phone off and taking out the SIM card it still does not let me do phone calls, however, i can text and receive texts. My account still says active. Can someone help me to solve this issue? 

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

@yesmil 

lol customer support team said come to the community 🤣

also try resetting the network settings of the device

@yesmil  keep reply them daily for update.  but honest, yours issue is more complicated,  it likely Monday to Tuesday before they can resolve it

@meenamoh41 please open ticket as advised above

yesmil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh my goodness. You are experiencing exactly the same thing I am seeking help for. So far no fixing and I have followed all the suggestions and ruled out all the "potentials" as to why the SIM card is not working. It is not the device as I changed SIMs to test that possibility. The PM agent that was trying to help set they had some internal issues that they detected and were doing some sort of internal testing with a dummy SIM. Then, they notified me it was "fixed" and to try and see if indeed it was resolved, but it wasn't. Then they gave me a ticket number. The promised time was between 24 to 72 hours (that was on Friday) I haven't heard from them, and the last PM moderator basically suggested to reach out the Community board or engage SIMON???? 

I will keep an eye on this board and see if anyone has any viable answers to this issue. So far I know for a fact it is not the device, all test have been done by swapping SIM cards and testing. AS this is a basic mobile, my dad only uses it for dialing and receiving calls. No "browser", no data, no texts, just basic to make and receive calls.

meenamoh41

Yes I tried it in another phone and it still does not allow me to receive or make calls.

Yes.

It is a unlocked phone from Best Buy that i purchased in March of this year.

@meenamoh41 

Before you seek out another SIM card to change it and self-serve, contact Public Mobile Customer Support Agents and see if they may be able to reprovision the SIM card.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

meenamoh41

I tried it on another phone and it says the same thing so I think it is the SIM card that is the issue

meenamoh41

Hello,

I tried putting the SIM card in another device and it does the same thing does this mean I would have to get a new SIM card? I still don't understand how it would stop working all of a sudden.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Did you try using SIM in another phone just to eliminate phone fault.

Is your account active?

Did you buy phone new or used?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@meenamoh41 does mobile data work?  if so, it could be 3G network issue in your area.  Did you try your phone in other area?  

if possible,  get a spare phone and test you PM sim there,just to rule out it is not device problem

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@meenamoh41 

With this phone purchase brand new or used?

If used, check the status of the device by clicking on the following link and following directions, which will check if the device has been blacklisted:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Another way you might be able to confirm this is by trying another working SIM card in the device to see if all calling and texting features work.

Need Help? Let's chat.