cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network locked SIM card inserted

cymba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I ported my number from Fido to Public Mobile, and I get an error saying "Network locked SIM card inserted". My Fido SIM card is no longer active.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which I bought from the Samsung store, so I know that my phone is unlocked.

It's been 3 hours, and I know porting numbers usually would not take this long. Please let me know what the problem is. Thank you!

Screenshot_2016-11-03-13-01-47.pngScreenshot_2016-11-03-13-03-15.png

53 REPLIES 53

galaxyunlock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is your mobile is network locked not sim card. As you bought it from Samsung store check your buying contract. Is their any due amount from your side. If all amount is paid then you can free unlock it. And secondly galaxy note 4 is older model now so you get help online to unlock it 

mobile-cellphones.blogspot.com/2016/08/sim-network-unlock-galaxy-note5-note3-4.html

galaxyunlock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is your mobile is network locked not sim card. As you bought it from Samsung store check your buying contract. Is their any due amount from your side. If all amount is paid then you can free unlock it. And secondly galaxy note 4 is older model now so you get help online to unlock it 

mobile-cellphones.blogspot.com/2016/08/sim-network-unlock-galaxy-note5-note3-4.html

Hamza4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sm-125U

@Hamza4 : If you're looking at this phone to buy, I'd look elsewhere. If you brought it from outside Canada and it's locked then you have to hope that original carrier will unlock it. Or pay one of those services. Samsung might also. 

Need Help? Let's chat.