cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network locked SIM card inserted

cymba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I ported my number from Fido to Public Mobile, and I get an error saying "Network locked SIM card inserted". My Fido SIM card is no longer active.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which I bought from the Samsung store, so I know that my phone is unlocked.

It's been 3 hours, and I know porting numbers usually would not take this long. Please let me know what the problem is. Thank you!

Screenshot_2016-11-03-13-01-47.pngScreenshot_2016-11-03-13-03-15.png

53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hamza4 : If you're looking at this phone to buy, I'd look elsewhere. If you brought it from outside Canada and it's locked then you have to hope that original carrier will unlock it. Or pay one of those services. Samsung might also. 

Hamza4

Sm-125U

galaxyunlock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is your mobile is network locked not sim card. As you bought it from Samsung store check your buying contract. Is their any due amount from your side. If all amount is paid then you can free unlock it. And secondly galaxy note 4 is older model now so you get help online to unlock it 

mobile-cellphones.blogspot.com/2016/08/sim-network-unlock-galaxy-note5-note3-4.html

galaxyunlock

It is your mobile is network locked not sim card. As you bought it from Samsung store check your buying contract. Is their any due amount from your side. If all amount is paid then you can free unlock it. And secondly galaxy note 4 is older model now so you get help online to unlock it 

mobile-cellphones.blogspot.com/2016/08/sim-network-unlock-galaxy-note5-note3-4.html

galaxyunlock

Message is network locked sim card inserted but actually your Samsung mobile is locked.  But you have bought it from Samsung store show first check contract. Normally Samsung store sell unlock mobile or mobile with contract which are locked. 

As it is from Fido you can contact customer care they can unlock mobile as galaxy s4 is older model even you can get help from online like this.

Mjoshua

edited by computergeek541: advertising removed

@Rangasamy wrote:

Netwok was locked SIM inserted                    I am SIM password to inset so password not pleace removed my mobile realme 5 locked in 3 hours

@Rangasamy 

Your phone is locked to your previous provider. You need to contact them for the unlock code.

You can also get in touch with the phone manufacturer directly, samsung.ca for example has a live chat that works well.

For both routes you'll need your IMEI ready.

Rangasamy

Netwok was locked SIM inserted                    I am SIM password to inset so password not pleace removed my mobile realme 5 locked in 3 hours

@JenniferMurr13 wrote:

Hey there, I'm getting 'Network locked SIM card inserted' message.  Can someone suggest what I should do?  It's been over an hour.....

That message indicates your phone is locked to another carrier. You need to contact them for an unlock code. 

If you have a Samsung phone, try contacting their support team.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JenniferMurr13

Hey there, I'm getting 'Network locked SIM card inserted' message.  Can someone suggest what I should do?  It's been over an hour.....

@rifat wrote:

I have contacted T-Mobile, since it was originally bought from T-Mobile, also called Samsung. They could not help. I inserted the PM SIM card into a different phone (NOT smartphone but a feature phone). That phone is still showing that there is no SIM card in the phone. I truly believe that this is a problem from Public Mobile. Because it all started from my billing cycle day when I logged into account and it showed, "Plan Expired", even though I had enough balance in my account. Also the phone is already paid off. So there is no way, the phone will get locked for nothing. It is DEFINITELY a PM SIM card problem. 

@rifat For your problem best to contact PM directly.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

rifat

I have contacted T-Mobile, since it was originally bought from T-Mobile, also called Samsung. They could not help. I inserted the PM SIM card into a different phone (NOT smartphone but a feature phone). That phone is still showing that there is no SIM card in the phone. I truly believe that this is a problem from Public Mobile. Because it all started from my billing cycle day when I logged into account and it showed, "Plan Expired", even though I had enough balance in my account. Also the phone is already paid off. So there is no way, the phone will get locked for nothing. It is DEFINITELY a PM SIM card problem. 

@AngelczK wrote:

IT'S FREE to unlock your PHONE!!!! Call FIDO

You stated this less than 1 minute earlier.  I know you're new and participation is encouraged, but please realize that quality of content matters.

AngelczK

IT'S FREE to unlock your PHONE!!!! Call FIDO

AngelczK

Its simple, call Fido and have your phone networked unlocked. As long as you don't owe money, and your phone isnt stolen.Fido by law has to unlock your phone. Make sure you have your ime number ready. Its free

@rifat do you have another phone you can swap the SIM in with? and see what happens when you do?

@rifat wrote:

I contacted them and they could not help me. Even though I have enough fund in my PM account, still it's showing that due to insufficient funding my plan got expired. I believe, it is only about public mobile NOT samsung. 

Plan expired or not, your phone is locked to a different carrier.  Public Mobile can't do anything about that. If your plan isn"t working, that will need to be dealt with seperately after you unlock your phone or gain access to an unlocked device.

rifat

I contacted them and they could not help me. Even though I have enough fund in my PM account, still it's showing that due to insufficient funding my plan got expired. I believe, it is only about public mobile NOT samsung. 

@rifat wrote:

My phone is not locked. I used to use Fido, AT&T in this same phone. Using Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I have been using Public Mobile for the last two months. Suddenly after rebooting today, it is saying that "Network locked SIM card inserted". I have no clue, where is this coming from? 

Well, it's definitely locked now.  You'll need the network unlock code now before you can use this phone again at Public Mobile.  Before someone might mistakenly says to contact Public Mobile for such code, please know that Publie Mobile cannot provide unlock codes for devices locked to other carriers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rifat wrote:

My phone is not locked. I used to use Fido, AT&T in this same phone. Using Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I have been using Public Mobile for the last two months. Suddenly after rebooting today, it is saying that "Network locked SIM card inserted". I have no clue, where is this coming from? 

Did you possibly get the phone used? Maybe check the IMEI checker under Get Started to see if maybe the phone got blacklisted.

Just a maybe for the out of the blue problem. But likely Samsung will get you going.

@rifatJust contact Samsung via Live Chat

Give them your pertinent information they will generate another code for you.

rifat

Hello @Safat 

Do you have a problem with yourSim card?? Can you post your question here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/getting_started

With details please.

Safat

@Shivaprakask wrote:

Samsung 

Sm j600F/DS

SIM LOCKED 

PLACE GIVE ME CODE

@Shivaprakask

Your phone is likely locked to your previous provider. You will need to contact your previous provider or Samsung directly (live chat works well) to get the unlock code.

Shivaprakask

Samsung 

Sm j600F/DS

SIM LOCKED 

PLACE GIVE ME CODE

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JenniferE wrote:

Yes resolved. Now looking for info on setting up voice mail and accessing it.....lol

@JenniferE please see here for info on setting up and using voicemail: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JenniferE

Yes resolved. Now looking for info on setting up voice mail and accessing it.....lol

JenniferE

Thanks all. Had to contact samsung to have my phone unlocked and allow public mobile access.

Now how do i set up and retrieve phone messages.... 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JenniferE did you get this resolved?  You've disappeared.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.