cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network locked SIM card inserted

cymba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I ported my number from Fido to Public Mobile, and I get an error saying "Network locked SIM card inserted". My Fido SIM card is no longer active.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which I bought from the Samsung store, so I know that my phone is unlocked.

It's been 3 hours, and I know porting numbers usually would not take this long. Please let me know what the problem is. Thank you!

Screenshot_2016-11-03-13-01-47.pngScreenshot_2016-11-03-13-03-15.png

53 REPLIES 53

SoupySandwich

Call previous provider give them imei and unless blacklisted they should give you the network unlock code

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JenniferE you posts are very confusing.  I know some phones with a PM SIM in them seem to show Telus as the active network, though this is the exception not the rule.  However, as PM is owned and operated by Telus on Telus' network, as long as the service is working, it's nothing to be concerned about.  However, Rogers is an entirely different company.  

Can you please sign into your Public Mobile self-seve account (use the link that says My Account in the very top right corner of this page), and check:  does your account status show as Active? What shows under your plan details if you click on the Plans tab?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JenniferE wrote:

unlocked yes and varified over the phone also provided the unlock key. I went back to PM kiosk in walmart got another sim, and changed sim and activated right there at store in front of rep. it showed it was a Telus sim then went home so frusterating. now under network ans sim it shows rogers again. this was a bell phone bell varified it was and is a bell phone but now no longer with bell as it is unlocked and sim is no longer active.

I am confused why would the Walmart Rep give you Telus Sim for PM Networks ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JenniferE

There should be a way to do something like a network reset on the phone. Or to do an automatic scan for networks.

When you sign in to your self-serve does it show the service as active?

If it's still asking for some kind of code you can try 1234 or 0000. Don't do this any more than initially trying them.

JenniferE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

unlocked yes and varified over the phone also provided the unlock key. I went back to PM kiosk in walmart got another sim, and changed sim and activated right there at store in front of rep. it showed it was a Telus sim then went home so frusterating. now under network ans sim it shows rogers again. this was a bell phone bell varified it was and is a bell phone but now no longer with bell as it is unlocked and sim is no longer active.

JenniferE

My phone is UNLOCKED phoned to bell and the gave me the unlock key they also varified i am no longer with bell.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JenniferE I believe your phone are locked, you need to get it unlock from Bell in order to work with PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JenniferE wrote:

my samsung phone A5 with bell, put in a new card asked for sim unlock code then said it need network unlock PUK. in the settings and network it shows rogers. this was a bell phone the sims the company are providing are rogers and telus sims, i had tellus and rogers varify. when put into some phones it shows either or. on my note4 done the same day it shows PM. now the samsung a5 phone is unlocked and bell sim no longer works but the PM sim also does not work. also went back to kiosk to try a new sim. message shows same thing needs PUK

This is a confusing post.

Let's just look at Public Mobile. Do you have a SIM activated and showing active in your self-serve?

What exactly happens when you insert the SIM into your phone and turn it on?

JenniferE

my samsung phone A5 with bell, put in a new card asked for sim unlock code then said it need network unlock PUK. in the settings and network it shows rogers. this was a bell phone the sims the company are providing are rogers and telus sims, i had tellus and rogers varify. when put into some phones it shows either or. on my note4 done the same day it shows PM. now the samsung a5 phone is unlocked and bell sim no longer works but the PM sim also does not work. also went back to kiosk to try a new sim. message shows same thing needs PUK

srlawren

@Mejiamark08wrote:

How to Unlocked The Network locked sim Inserted

@Mejiamark08 get the phone unlocked by the original provider.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mejiamark08

How to Unlocked The Network locked sim Inserted

srlawren

@Poivre sounds like the seller has reported it lost/stolen, causing it to be blacklisted and unusable.  This unfortunately is a common scam on the used phone market.  You can verify by checking https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/.  

Poivre

I bought a samsung galaxy s6 edge in october off ebay its unlocked it was working fine until today i got this message and cannot recieve any calls invalid sim network locked Sim card inserted 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @afrose,

thanks for posting on our community!

How may we have the pleasure of assisting you? Please elaborate on the issue  🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

afrose

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Talha.  Are you saying that when you startup your phone with the Public mobile SIM card you get a message about being network locked?  If so, I would guess that your phone is locked to another carrier.  Have you used this phone on Public Mobile previously, or are you just signing up.

If the phone is locked, you would need to get it unlocked by the company it is locked to.

Also, you have posted your message to a very old topic.  You should always start a new topic, so that you get an answer as fast as possible.

Talha

Hi...

i have this problem

my mobile is Samsung Galaxy Note5 w8 model

plz help me how can i remove this issue

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, many sites will unlock your phone for cheap (MobiFree is 8 bucks, I used them for my wife's S5).  Unless you have a lot of time to kill, it's not worth the hassle of trying to get it unlocked without paying.

Yeah, your first screenshot is exactly what it looks like when you inserted a sim card into a phone locked by a different company.  You'll have to deal with Samsung (maybe, you can get them to unlock it for free for you), or you can purchase an unlock code from one of the numerous sellers on different websites and on ebay.

Crosserson

Fido is Rogers.

You can unlock that phone for cheap.  Seach http://www.cellunlocker.net/

There are others out there too.

cymba

Thank you for your inputs.

After contacting Samsung, It does appear that my phone was locked to Rogers (which I was never a customer). Apparently the Galaxy Note 4 was not sold unlocked; so, it looks like I was falsely informed by the sales representative from the Samsung Store.

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It looks you buy a locked phone. You can call Samsung customers services to make sure your phone is a unlock phone. 

Crosserson

Your phone may have been locked to Fido when you inserted their sim card.  It seems your phone is locked to Fido right now.  

To check if your phone is locked (which it is)

Dial  *#7465625#  to check lock status.  I believe this should work on the Note 4.

Need Help? Let's chat.